Hammers should be banned...

So you dislike me picking on christians ?

Reply to
hamilton

No, they are responding to a lot of little attacks that say, basically, 'Sure, you can practice your religion, but not HERE, or THERE, or some other place because then the state is supporting it!'

In the name of separation of church and state, they want the state to be anti-church, instead of the state being neutral...

Reply to
Charlie E.

"hamilton" is a fundamentalist... fundamentally ignorant... spouts platitudes about conservatives... when it's leftists that are trying to neuter the Constitution.

How do you get to be that stupid?

Quoting that great Texas sage, Ron White, "You can't cure stupid. Stupid is forever." ...Jim Thompson

I am sorry, I must have miss understood, this is NOT an amendment to the constitution:

hamilton

Wrong, dumbass. The next amendment will require the immediate loss of citizenship for anyone who tries, or advocates taking away the constitutional rights spelled out by the founding fathers. Arrest & try them for treason, then deport them when they lose. Sell all their assets to help pay down the federal debt.

This is something that is sorely needed by this country.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm a Christian and it's painful to watch you make a total & constant fool of yourself.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Repeating myself...

"hamilton" is a fundamentalist... fundamentally ignorant... spouts platitudes about conservatives... when it's leftists that are trying to neuter the Constitution.

How do you get to be that stupid?

Quoting that great Texas sage, Ron White, "You can't cure stupid. Stupid is forever." ...Jim Thompson

I'm an atheist and it's painful for me to acknowledge that someone as stupid as "hamilton" has not already been tracked down and disposed of. Someone please do us the favor. ...Jim Thompson

I'M SORRY

Reply to
hamilton

You do realize that you have just advocated taking away those individuals' right of Freedom of Speech, as spelled out in the First Amendment to the Constitution?

Your proposed method of defending Constitutional rights, would itself be in conflict with existing Constitutional rights. In order to amend the Constitution with your proposal, and not immediately create an obvious conflict, your amendment would have to revoke the First Amendment. Then, if it were not for the "no ex post facto laws" rule in the Constitution, anyone who had proposed this new amendment would obviously be subject to arrest, trial, and deportation.

Sauce for the goose...

Dave Platt

Sorry, Dave! Or is it really "Sorry Dave" ?:-)

Please learn to carefully read. ...Jim Thompson

You *SURE* are.

Reply to
krw

Sure, but Latin wasn't a dead language when YOU took it. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

huge

n.

More importantly, you forgot to mention that waaaaaaay back when you were i n high school, Latin was still a live language!! :)

dictum sapienti sat est

Reply to
mpm

what

huge

derivation.

I sit corrected.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

That's right, it's not.

Reply to
flipper

.
?
     ...Jim Thompson

I haven't seen anything like that.

What I have seen is the administration declaring that their health- control law allows them to force people to do things against their religious beliefs.

Gee, that doesn't sound very tolerant, nor nurturing of diversity. It sounds like trying to force other people to your point of view, under color of law.

Quite some time ago, some people fled their homelands and started a new country to escape that sort of oppression.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

in

No, I think you're a) conflating "rape or attempted rape" figures, and b) referring to the reports of college women. 4.7% actual rapes per year for the general population would be another thing completely.

I got the 91,000 for the U.S. from a different source (FBI?) originally, but cited the Wiki article as having that same information (in the U.N. table) plus the U.K. figures, providing both in one link. So, roughly 91,000 in the U.S., from two sources.

Could be. I can't vouch for the figures in either country, just tried to confirm the approximate estimates from a few sources first.

It doesn't detract from the fact that disarming women leaves them defenseless to attack.

I had this discussion yesterday with a woman--we'll call her "S"--who revealed that it had happened to her. Twice. Shocking.

--
James Arthur
Reply to

:

ean.

n ??

        ...Jim Thompson
     ...Jim Thompson

age_amend...

Marriage isn't about religion, it's about tax credits and subsidies: society gives them to some people because it's (historically) in society's interest, and other people seek them from society because it's in their interest.

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --Basitat

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

constitution:

Frankly, in all the 'debate' over the years I've been rather stunned that there's been virtually no discussion of why the word "marriage" even exists.

Reply to
flipper