Ha. Low end ethernet routers

Hello Joel,

Tell me about it. I turned everything off in McAfee (using a HW firewall) but it keep coming up with these stupid alert boxes. I'll probably dump it.

Especially the stuff that works only for a month and then reduces itself to a pittance unless you pay up. To me that's the perfect way to destroy a potential customer's interest.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Rich,

Did that. Still get the warning.

But I am now quite used to have warnings of all kind pop up and clicking them off. Man, how much of a better product was (or is) DOS.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Andy,

What's wrong with it?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Spehro,

ROFL!

Reminds me of my first employer. They had to have a revolving company sign. Not the virtual one but real and on a huge galvanized mast. The freeway that went by ended up becoming a ghostway because it hadn't really been needed for any commute routes (your tax cents at work...). It was like connecting a wire between two nodes that are both at the same potential at all times.

What I really dislike is when otherwise reputable companies won't let you on their web site unless you download flash player. They aren't on my black list but I haven't used any of their products in designs either lately.

I was asked for my opinion on a new web portal for a company a couple days ago. Lots of glitz, lean on the meat as usual. My honest answer was "none of the above". Maybe they won't ask me again but I had to be honest.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I'll assume that you've forgotten what I wrote after the above sentence. Everything in your sentence seems to imply, however, that you never even read it.

jp

Reply to
John Perry

I spend more time removing McAfee and Norton stuff from the computers I rebuild for disabled veterans than on anything else. They don't un-install properly, so I spend a lot of time with regedit to find and remove everything. AOL is next on the list of bad un-installs.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you're rebuilding recycled systems, why not just format the drives and give them a new, fresh, clean install?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Actually a few have, because i would not bother with them because of that.

--
JosephKK
Reply to

Now be kinder, this is a simple way to force you into one of the one of the consumer models that the marketing department NEEDS you to fit into.

--
JosephKK
Reply to