Guess Who Owns Every Major Business In The U.S.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

And guess who their friends are.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Yep- one of them just got elected president.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Imagine how much dirt the Chinese have on the Biden family.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Lol, China doesn't own GE. They bought their white goods/appliance division.

"While General Motors isn?t entirely owned by a Chinese company, it does rely on its partnership with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp to keep the money rolling in."

And their partnership with South Korea. And their partnership with Holden Australia. And their partnership with Honda Japan. And their partnership with Brazil. And (until recently) their partnership with Opel/Vauxhaull/Fiat. And (until recently) their partnership with Russia. And...

Reply to
bitrex

"However, it just goes to show that when it comes to making money, it really doesn?t matter where the money comes from ? as long as it?s coming."

Why is Investing.com complaining about capitalism?

Reply to
bitrex

"Back in 2005, announced that its Personal Computer Division had been acquired by Lenovo, who paid $1.25 billion for the pleasure. The Chinese business poured a lot of money besides that into IBM too. According to the statement, ?Additionally, Lenovo will assume approximately $500 million of net balance sheet liabilities for IBM.?

Ya, they basically paid to use the name "ThinkPad" and "Motorola" on their own line of products, and the high-end ones that are using the "ThinkPad" name are still some of the better laptops available for the price.

I'm kinda surprised IBM was still trying to sell PCs themselves as late as 2005.

Reply to
bitrex

Anti-globalization was a leftist idea before it was a right-wing idea, however it didn't sell very well in the US until the right was able to re-package it and get some bloviators up on stage to say "Do you see what the filthy chinks are doing? The smelly ching-chonger gooka dinkies are trashing our manufacturing. A ching chong chong chong ching!!"

Reply to
bitrex

You make it sound like nothing. They do $37B business annual and employ 77,

000 people. They're HUGE IOW.

it does

Yep- anything requiring the development of new technology is best done offs hore. If their idea of innovation is the Volt, thanks but no thanks.

I was surprised to learn the Chinese own Tesla- hmmm.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Your loss, it was probably one of the most technologically advanced cars designed up to that time. The goal wasn't to make the perfect electric/hybrid vehicle it was to make a good car and beat Tesla et al into the market segment on a much smaller budget, which they did.

It was the best-selling hybrid electric vehicle in the world for better part of five years, remember. GM doesn't leave loser products on the market for 8 model years because Obama orders them to (though the $7500 tax credit helped a lot.)

Tesla was a global car company from the beginning, they're in the US now because the money's been good to be here. The US is tepid on EVs but the rest of the world including China is hot for them.

If it looks like it's the better value at some point to pack the whole operation up and leave for China and elsewhere I have no doubt Tesla will do that.

Reply to
bitrex

77,000 people. They're HUGE IOW.

y, it does

a.

offshore.

Isn't that the one with the $100,000 per vehicle taxpayer subsidy after the y accounted for all the grants and other giveaways to GM?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Oh boy - remember when it was all fake news about Russia have the dirt on Trump?

It is telling that neither Russia or China have rushed to congratulate Biden. Putin was _VERY_ quick to congratulate Trump 4 years ago. No waiting for an "official" result then.

Anyway interesting times!

Reply to
Jim Jackson

There were all sorts of figures thrown out there years ago as to how much each unit was subsidized, here's one that says it was 250k:

"GM has estimated they?ve sold 6,000 Volts so far. That would mean each of the 6,000 Volts sold would be subsidized between $50,000 and $250,000, depending on how many government subsidy milestones are realized."

In the final accounting they sold 175,000 Volts in the US and about another 25,000 in Europe, it was Chevrolet's best-selling product that wasn't a truck or SUV for a while.

Reply to
bitrex

US and Canada, rather

Reply to
bitrex

They probably could have sold a bunch more if they'd advertised it, but GM pretty much never spent a penny on advertising it after the initial launch.

Reply to
bitrex

7,000 people. They're HUGE IOW.

, it does

.

fshore.

Best done off shore? I beg to differ. The volt was very innovative for it s time and the hybrid setup is very efficient. IMHO, it rivaled the Prius. Hell, it even looked better than the Prius. I could never figure out why they didn't sell more. Yea, they were gov subsidized, but many off-shore car companies are as well, so why all the concern? I am still confounded b y the fact that GM stated it wants to build only all electric vehicles in t he future and not have a hybrid as a safe-bet crossover so to speak. Oh we ll, maybe they know something I don't. No matter, as I am in the market for a SUV and seriously considering the To yota highlander hybrid (36 mpg city) I keep wondering where GM would be tod ay if they had the right vision.....

Reply to
three_jeeps

That's the beauty of imaginary dirt; there's no limit to how much!

Other unreal entities (fairies, cannibal leftists, the deep state) are similarly ubiquitous in some folks thoughts.

Reply to
whit3rd