granted electronic patent

Don seems like about the most non-neurotic person on Earth, after me.

John

Hey Mike, Since you have been granted a patent, what is the number? It is easier to provide advice once we have seen the patent.

I have worked for lawyers on both sides of the patent issue, defending them and writing work-arounds. Don Lancaster is correct that making money is

tough (unless you are a lawyer).

Dave

Reply to
onyx49

Publish a link to the patent contents and see if you can stir up any interest. mike

with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
.
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
mike

A patent doesn't protect *anything*. All it is is a license to sue. You still have to pay the lawyers.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Hello, All!

I am granted patent on electronic device and now need produce product. I am technical person but know little business. I need investor and have write business plan for investor. How

Thank

With best regards, Mikey. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid

Reply to
Mikey

Unreliable and written by a neurotic......

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Hello, martin! You wrote on Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:28:38 +0200:

??>> Hello, All! ??>>

??>> I am granted patent on electronic device and now need produce product. ??>> I am technical person but know little business. I need investor and ??>> have write business plan for investor. How Thank With best regards, ??>> Mikey. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid mg> read this mg>

Thank

Product have many tecnical part which known but make work in better way. Patent protect low idea. Little money for patent but is protect.

With best regards, Mikey. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid

Reply to
Mikey

read this

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hi Fred, Have you got any alternative sites worth looking at?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

True enough for the small stuff- but not the high value products. When you're talking big bucks, high power law firms with investment group backing are available. There's that guy who patented those clear plastic snap together sandwich containers, he's in the money and no one has been able to infringe him.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

He's virtually a hermit...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Your argument changes the facts not a wit. All a patent does is enable you to sue. Because the big boys don't, doesn't change facts.

Mr. Gould did a number on the LASAR infringers too, but it too *many* years and a kagillion bucks (from those who decided to license early) to win. I'm certainly not saying that patents are useless, just that the OP seems to be a tad naieve.

--
  Keith
Reply to

True, but that would bring him out in the open. I'd read it though.

I too work quite closely with patents and IPL types. Free-lance lawyers can make money off a leach, but that's a different issue.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Since patents is about bucks, what can you shell out ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

No one seems to be adreeing this point, so I will. Its the downer.

No one cares a toss about patents. Ideas are 10 a penny. The likelihood that you have an idea that has any value, is next to zero. Every Tom Dick and Harry thinks they have a greate idea. They are *millions* of complexly worthless patents that have never made anyone any money.

A mate of mine with his own start-up, made his millions not by any patents, but simply being the first to design a new chip that Cypress wanted at that time. They bought his company for $30M.

Its finished product people want, not bedroom musings.

My only regret is that at the start up of my mates company, he offered me a design job with 150,000 share options, and I went elsewhere...

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

As a general comment ... Last week I came across a recent Italian patent covering the action of a mouse scroll wheel. A 'novel and inventive idea' in the eye of European law, this patent (claim #1), described how the faster you scrolled the mouse wheel, the faster the screen display moved. Whoever would have thought of that!. Incredulous, I subsequently turned up dozens of other patents based around the scroll wheel. All vacuous, all obvious, all without merit.

Something's now seriously amiss within the world of intellectual property legislation. Dross patents such as these and the millions more like them are now par for the course. Individual basic innovation and enterprise, is now well and truly being stifled in favour of large companies with sufficient resources to Hoover-up any and all of this kind of rubbish. At one time there was a useful spam/junk filter, in that a proposed idea needed to pass the test of being seen as 'worthy' by another skilled in the same art. No longer. These assessments now seem made by spotty kiddies who've just passed their patent exams.

Problem is, that although this spam has no trace of any inventive or technical merit, it is not worthless. Far from it. It is of priceless value to the lawyers who are employed to fight over it. They generate the spam. They defend the spam. They trouser the fortunes.

The European parliament is shortly voting on whether to allow software patenting. I see this as an obscenity, yet know for sure the final vote outcome. (many MEPs come from a legal background).

Then again ... as last week's New Scientist article suggested, maybe we've just run out of ideas. We're only getting what we deserve.

regards john

Reply to
john jardine

[snip]

Do we really ? Another comment on patents. I once made a patent research at the time the IBM server had the american patents viewable for free. With some spare time at hand I browsed trough a stack of patents beside those I was to have a look at. Amazingly, at least

99% of the patents I had a look at had an invention height such close to zero, that a logarithmic scale was required to cathegorize them. IMO patents are the path of lawyers to cut a slice off the juicy turkey.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Did you see this on your side of the pond?

JeffM

It's impossible to search everything ever created, since many are not published at all. However searches _are_ done on most publications (IEEE papers, conference proceedings, etc.) before patents are issued. Perhaps not well enough, but...

The one thing I think would solve 90% of the problems would be a 90-day (pick a period) request for comment period before the patent issues. During this time others can bring relevant/prior art to light, without the cost of litigation. Of course the problem here is the last three words. ;-)

--
  Keith
> Cheers
> Terry
Reply to
keith

hear hear. I've seen some seriously ridiculous patents. IMO one serious problem is the so-called patent search. Wherein people simply search patents to "prove" their idea is new. That only proves the idea hasnt been patented, not that it hasnt been published or implemented.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given