Gore wins Nobel Prize

he doesn't deserve it Yes he does he got all wrong no he didn't Yes he did no he didn't . . . . . . . . .

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Maybe it's all a big misunderstanding. Maybe they meant to say "peach pie."

Oh, I s'pose Al's at least as deserving as that famous peace-maker, Yasser Arafat. Maybe Idi Amin'll squeak in posthumously and win by a nose in '08.

Hard to say what Al's hard work has to do with world peace though.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Yes, while I think Gore has done a good job in "public awareness" of a potentially serious climate problem, it is a bit like giving a Nobel Gong to Saatchi & Saatchi, the advert people

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Absolutely nothing! My guess is that squabbling over carbon credits, energy reserves, reneged Kyoto agreements, et al, is going to increase global tension.

That very loud noise you hear is Alfred Noble rolling in his grave, either that, or Al Gore's power meter spinning like a dentist's drill again!

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Absolutely true. Let climate change run away enough to produce a mass extinction event and there will be perfect peace for a few million years. Of course there might be a little disturbance on the way, as Bangla Desh and the Netherlands vanish under water, ad the peole who used to live there try to get to dry land in adjacent counries ...

He's been spinning since Henry Kissinger and Arafat got the Nobel Peace prize - Al Gore won't speed him up enough to notice.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Look at the bright side.

All this is probably tightening Hillary's sphincter.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Hell, they should have given to Rodney King that year, not Arafat.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

That would be Nobel.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Oh lord! The STENCH of all the floating bodies!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Is she sitting on Obama's needle dick?

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

James Arthur wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

well,they gave Yasser Arafat one,too,so that tells me how much it's worth these days. YMMV.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I didn't need that mental image.