goofy frequencies

I think we'll just have to send an expedition to find a universe where the atoms are smaller. Like to volunteer?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

=20

really=20

=20

that's

=20

Maybe, maybe not. Certainly the classical version has given the process people many fits, busted design tools, challenged design ideas, and many other things. Power control and heat dissipation has dogged us for many years. It is not stopping the process people from going for it.

Reply to
JosephKK

An un-optimised biocomputer can execute an estimated 10^16 FLOPS per kg using around 20W. Just on power consumption, and assuming non-reversible computing, there's at least 4 orders of magnitude of efficiency to be had. So the ultimate, near term feasible, laptop should be able to knock out 10^20 FLOPS or so. That's about 1 billion times better than today's machines.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

That's about what I'd need to run Spice fast enough that I can vary component values with a slider and see the transient response change in real time.

John

I'd love to, but first you'd better tell Congress to raise the speed of light.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Fortunately, you can already do that in your head. The system works!

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

A pot simulator. Kewl.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

If you use real transistor-level models of opamps and things, and simulate a reasonably complex system, it's common to get sim times of hours. That's bad for the human-learning feedback loop. A run per second is a tolerable goal, so I guess I could grudgingly live with a mere 10,000 or so increase in compute power.

We wind up using VCVSs instead of opamps, and other hacks, to get sim times down.

John

Actually, a billionfold increase in power. If the Moore's Law variant for computing power holds, that places it around 2055CE

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

_Please_ don't. The image of a faster-running Congress passing larger (but worse) bills after speding only 48 _nanoseconds_ considering their intended -- and unintended -- consequences is too much for me to take this early on a Sunday morning.

Wake me up when Congress finally decides to show that they're serious about fixing the Financial Crisis... by cutting _all_ Federal salaries.

Frank "Grumpy" McKenney

-- ...[I]f we admit that that there must be varieties in art or opinion, what sense is there in thinking that there will not be varieties in government? The fact is very simple. Unless you are going deliberately to prevent a thing being good, you cannot prevent it being worth fighting for. If there were no longer our modern strife between nations, there would only be strife between Utopias. -- G.K. Chesterton: Mr. H.G. Wells and the Giants (1905)

-- Frank McKenney, McKenney Associates Richmond, Virginia / (804) 320-4887 Munged E-mail: frank uscore mckenney ayut mined spring dawt cahm (y'all)

Reply to
Frnak McKenney
[snip]

You should use the behavioral OpAmp model on my website, or Mikey's (LTspice), since they both include GBW and phase shift, which a VCVS does not.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Gourmet Puzzles:

What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?