Global Warming Directly Responsible for Powerful Mexican Earthquake

It's more than just weather. Watch out SF, stuff is coming your way.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The second sentence of that piece shows how pitifully innumerate Jenny is.

I had a girlfriend in Juneau for a while. It was one of those relationships where only the airlines come out ahead. Nice small town, though. Decent ski area.

 Click to see the full signature

Global warming is responsible for everything. I wonder if we can get it to design circuits? Maybe just do the boring job of filling out the BOM with part numbers. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

BOMs are one of the worst parts of my life. PADS will generate an almost-Highland-format BOM from the schematic, provided every part attribute is correct, but it needs reformatting and checking and tweaking. Like, a test point isn't a real part, but spacers and screws aren't on the schematic. The PCB itself isn't on the schematic!

Since we'll all be dead in 8 years, I shouldn't care.

 Click to see the full signature

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Den fredag den 8. september 2017 kl. 22.10.50 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

2 minutes with google tells me that if you set the attribute "Part List Exclude" to true on your test points they shouldn't show up in the BOM and that the BOM can be generated with a script so you should be able to get any format you want

We have the PCB and things like lightpipes etc. on the schematic

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Den fredag den 8. september 2017 kl. 22.10.50 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

2 minutes with google tells me that if you set the attribute "Part List Exclude" to true on your test points they shouldn't show up in the BOM and that the BOM can be generated with a script so you should be able to get any format you want

We have the PCB and things like lightpipes etc. on the schematic

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It's not responsible for everything, but it seems that way to some. It is however responsible for warming and more acidic oceans, which can and will lead to more disruptions of various other processes.

Reply to
lonmkusch

We have a PADS script that outputs a BOM that's close to our MAX format, but needs cosmetic tweaks. We don't include hardware or things like light pipes or fans on the schematic, or the PCB itself, so we add some parts manually.

We have another program that cross-checks our MAX stock numbers in the BOM against the part type and value on the schematic. I wrote that because value/type crosschecking was a giant pain.

Work sucks.

 Click to see the full signature

I used to draw a picture of all of the hardware and the PCB, then enter them into the library. Then they'd get added to the BOM. I'd only put the parts on that were on the basic board PN. If there were parts put on at a higher level, they didn't get put on the board, of course.

Quit now. There's no reason to work your butt off if it's all going to end in only eight years.

Reply to
krw

More likely that some dumb sub-editor chopped out a bunch of text.

The current rate of sea level rise isn't going to inundate anything, but Ja mes Hansen has made the point that once the Greenland and West Antarctic ic e sheets start sliding off into the sea rather faster than they are at the moment, sea level rise will speed up a lot.

Being numerate is good, but knowing what's likely to happen is a whole lot better.

It's a pity you don't.

Reply to
bill.sloman