Gittin old ain't for sissys.

which was a lot louder than 625 line sets.

The early 30 line system OTOH just produced a quiet whirr.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

:) I've got old and the joke went over my head until pointed out......

Reply to
Deez Nuts

I once fixed a TV because of the noise. I forget exactly what the symtoms were. As I remember I got the set to repair after a shop had failed to fin d the probleem. And the set would work for a few minutes and then the scre en would go white with the loss of horizontal sync.

Anyway the flyback was loud enough that I looked to see how to make it quie ter. The flyback had two ferrite cores clamped together with long bolts. And on e of the nuts was missing, allowing the core to vibrate. So I found a repl acement nut and put it on because the noise was annoying. And the TV worke d after I did that.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Did you say banana? Once saw a young lady peel a banana and start eating it from the middle. When she was ask about it, she said, "Mama told me that's the way good girls eat a banana. ;-}

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

You can break a banana in half if you bend it fast enough (and it isn't too ripe). Always good for amusing children.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You can insert a needle at regular intervals and wiggle it from side to side such that when you peel the banana it's pre-sliced.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Eh? Speak up.

Reply to
doh

Nice tip.

You can split bananas in three pushing a tongue into the tip, spreading the partitions like a flower. That also amuses kids. (Bananas are one of the few things in nature with tri-lateral symmetry.)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Another good gag for a birthday party.