Getting / recording sound from video (.MOV, .AVI)

"Martin Heffels" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

There are a million ways to skin this cat. You can even achieve without any special software, by running a cable from line-out to line-in, and use the simple audio recorder that comes with windows. Play the movie and record the sound.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

Did you try jumpering line-in to line-out as he said above?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You got that one right.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

But the so-called recorder that comes with windows will not record anything; i tried that first.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It has plenty of shortcomings, but if yours doesn't work at all, then it's misconfigured.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

A file in itself is not an audio source, so it's not false claims but simply that the suggested programs don't do what exactly you want, in the way that you want.

Never mind, the only downside is that next time you ask for advice there will be a bunch of potential replyees who will just think "asshole", and move on to the next thread.

Reply to
Never Mind

And if you would be able to get it going, it's recording-time is limited as well (unless this has changed in Win XP).

cheers

-martin-

--
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.

My wife has difficulty running the TV audio through the stereo, and that's with a button labelled 'VCR' on the front panel. Double click the volume control in the systray. Select properties for recording. Select WAV, or What-U-Hear, or whatever else might work for you.

Reply to
Mike Young

The recorder that i have that came with Win3.11, Win95, Win98SE etc

*only* records keypresses and mouse movements.
Reply to
Robert Baer

No, i already had the sound file; no need to try other methods.

Reply to
Robert Baer

total video converter can extract audio directly.

neseho

That's something different. I had in mind "Sound Recorder." It's in Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment on Win98SE, assuming you installed it.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

You know, the longer you type, the sillier and stupider you sound.

If you already had the SOUND file, why did you want to RECORD it? Or convert it (which is what you say you actually meant. Why you have trouble with English terms I don't know.)

May I respectfully - oh, hell, may I INSULTINGLY suggest that you pull your head out of your ass, and just plain go away.

Here, I'll help you. *PLONK*

RwP

Reply to
Ralph Wade Phillips

My, my... Initially i had an AVI file and i wanted the sound only (from it to another file). I got a workable recommendation, and was able to get the sound (only) file i wanted. Then someone came along with the above recommendation and i said why should i try somenthing else when i already had the problem solved. Now you can use 15 different ways to get 15 results when the first one was OK; in fact, do 100 differnt solutions! Fill up your hard drive with thousands of copies of programs and identical solutions. Then take a long walk off a short pier.

Reply to
Robert Baer