Fuse Resistor ?

I've a cassette recorder with a fuse resistor that has gone open circuit. I've not come across such a device before and don't know if I can find a replacement easily (I'm in the UK). The service manual shows it to be 3.3 ohms and 1/2w, with a voltage drop of 1 volt across it.

Can I replace it with 3.3 ohm resistor and a 500ma fuse ?

Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob G

300ma would be closer ! But fusible resistors are available from Farnell, Radio Spares, Digikey etc etc...
--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

if

Thanks Baron - 'Fusible resistor' is clearly the right term; I got no usable hits with Fuse Resistor, but am getting what I need with Fusible ....

Cheers Rob

Reply to
Rob G

You might have better luck searching for a "fusistor" - that is what Fluke Electronics calls them.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun