Function Gen with AWG under $400?

Guys,

Since my function gen blew I need a new one. Simple, and preferably PC controlled. Just to generate spikes, surges and 50/60/400Hz variable AC, to test power stuff. IOW nothing fancy. Sooo, to my surprise I found this:

Never heard of the brand, the name has an odd ring to it ... :-) ... but specs look good. Did anyone ever see this brand? Is it ok?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

It fired a neighboring neuron that was for "Hakko"? There are a few traces on the 'net about Hakko vs Quakko (apparently Q has/had soldering equipment with the same model number as H) back to the mid 00's.

Q doesn't show up as a vendor at Tequipment.net, my usual web shopping address, so I'll let you test it out and report back.. ;-)

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Ok, maybe I'll do that. But still waiting for an answer from the guys because for some unfathomable reason they can't or won't put the user manuals onto the web.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

HP3314A?

Good to 20 MHz, AWG not the easiest to program, but works, built-in GPIB

Reply to
artie

:

I never heard of it either, but it looks sweet! 0.1 uHz to 25 Meg ?? I can replace several function generators with that. OK make it all of them! I was lamenting the other day, our lack of a DDS above 4MHz. (My boss was looking to spend a bit of profit on test gear before the end of the year.) I'll order one and report back, how long does the $350 price last?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I believe that Mastech is better known for their DMMs.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Joerg schrieb:

Hello,

the unit looks like an HP clone copy. They must use DDS internally, but they don't write a word about it. I would prefer to have a look at the manual before buying, there should be a link to download the manual in adobe pdf format.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Yeah, I thought about it. But I'd rather not have yet another tool that I must address on this clunky GPIB. USB does have its advantages :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

It's 1uHz according to an email I just received. There is a discrepancy in their web page about that.

My guess is, for a long time. I just got a response that the word length for ARB is 4096, TXT-format (whatever that means) and they said it remembers the last waveform if you turn it off.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

I asked, and there isn't :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Ok, guys, I just ordered that function + AWG generator, along with a

60V/3A power supply which I need. Will let you know how it pans out but it might be a while, their only shipping option was Fedex Ground. Which makes sense because the PS is a linear one and heavy.