[fun] Weird electronic circuits collection

How much radio DF (foxhunting) have you done? I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get a very good directional fix on any LO leak, before even "hunting on strength".

- and it is in

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

As published in one of the Australian electronics magazines in the late 70's. I still have the version I built, hopped up with extra stages. I might even have some recordings of the band we used it in.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

once 99.9% have a TV it is easier to just make a list of households that doesn't pay and got tell them to stop cheating ;)

here they changed it from "TV license" to a "media license", so if you have tv,radio,internet or smart phone you have to pay

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Interesting and clever circuit, thank you for sharing.

Please forgive my ignorance: What are the opto-couplers for? Also, R5 and C7, are those for impedance matching to your load?

Reply to
DemonicTubes

To shut off the output fets when we want truly zero output current. NMR is insanely sensitive, and sometimes we want very zero gradient field.

That damps resonances in the cables and the load coil, to keep the fets from oscillating. Audio amps usually have a similar thing, which they call a Zobel Network.

The amp drives the high side of the gradient coil. The low side returns to ground through a current shunt, and there is an overall closed-loop control on the actual current. This amp is nowhere good enough open-loop.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hand drawn, ran out of paper. The numbers are right.

This cap might do that, but I didn't notice. My main concern was using it as a bypass or a switching regulator output, so I just wanted the gross curve. More capacitance wouldn't bother me!

Here's another one:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The compliance costs seem silly (though Brits have always had a silly streak). Just tax everyone. Pay it from general funds, or whatever.

Reply to
krw

Do they tax books too?

How about if you sing in the shower?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

com:

com:

.

hat

ave

they have their own funds so they are "independent" though most of the boar d are politicians and the government set how much they can collect

and it means it is easy to see how much they get, and complain about it

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Den fredag den 8. december 2017 kl. 01.36.09 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

don't some of your tax money end up paying for PBS?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Yeah. Real independent .

Sure it's easy to see where it's spent - forcing compliance.

Reply to
krw

Brits love their taxes.

"If you drive a car, car, I'll tax the street If you try to sit, sit, I'll tax your seat If you get too cold, cold, I'll tax the heat If you take a walk, walk, I'll tax your feet"

Written by a rather well known Brit, exactly for this reason.

Reply to
krw

The reason was the outrageous level of taxation under the 1960s labour government.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

So you have low taxes now?

Reply to
krw

Yes, but it's not incremental on having a TV.

I think about half of PBS funding is voluntary donations by listeners/viewers.

lunatic fringe electronics

Not really weird, but an old useful one is when a voltage variable capacitor is needed use a reverse biased LED for the cap for a wider swing in capacitance than a normal diode. art

Reply to
Artemus

I can only conclude from that that you don't know the numbers

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

the

es.

ry

zed

ert

ere

so you have to pay for it even if you cannot watch it..

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

No, dummy. It was a rhetorical question. Everyone here knows the answer except you, apparently.

Reply to
krw

Don't forget the merchandising fees for the characters. Oh, I forgot. That doesn't go into PBS operating funds. It's profit for the content producers (they get paid for both production *and* get the merchandising profits).

Reply to
krw