Fun

Using only an oscilloscope, determine the resonant frequency of your eyeballs. Fun test! Any others?

-- Dirk

- Transcendence UK
- A UK political party
- Our podcasts on weird stuff

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

  1. An analog scope. Set the sweep free-running, maybe 50 ms/cm, no vertical signal. Look at the screen and hit yourself on the top of your head.
  2. Connect a photodector back into the scope vertical and wave it around the screen. Place some objects in-between.
  3. Touch the tip of a scope probe with one hand. Hold a diode lead in the other and touch the free end to ground.
  4. Hold the prope tip in one hand and jump up and down.

John

:-) I wonder how many engineers have discovered that out of boredom or frustration?

Another fun thing is reading those LED info displays while clicking your teeth together

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Try crunching on a carrot while watching the scope! Generates lots of low frequency energy :-) Mike

Reply to
amdx

Eat potato chips. The first time I saw this with a CGA monitor I was freaked.

Reply to
krw

Static can be fun, see here for a demo:

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

Hook up a FET or MOS source follower (resistive loaded is fine). Connect the gate to a short wire (as an antenna). Wave plastic objects in the air while monitoring source voltage.

Tim

Tim Williams

Or bite down on the handle of a spoon, and flick the other end.

Reply to
Arlet

You don't even need a 'scope - look at any raster and make a motorboat noise with your tongue against the roof of your mouth. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You are so silly, that tool might find one or two at best of the many resonances involved. Step up to the plate, use more equipment and find at least a dozen of the resonances. BTW many of these vary between individuals and change with age and other factors. Have fun.

Reply to
JosephKK