softwares: electronic circuits

Guys what r the good softwares that analyses circuits and which has got a good library of components....

Reply to
lee

simlaterz.
Reply to
John Fields

Reply to
kareem.nehro

simlaterz are too slow...What you really want is a double shot simu-Latte

Reply to
maxfoo

SwitcherCAD/LTspice -- free.

Cheerz Chris

Reply to
Chris

SwitcherCAD/LTspice -- free.

Cheerz Chris

Reply to
Chris

lol tried it twice got disgusted both times. It lacks basic components ( LM7805, 1n400x ) and when I specified 12V voltage source (or was it current ) I ended up with 5 volt AC all over my basic bridge/cap/precis5Vreg/loadres circuit.

Reply to
Sambo

circuit.

SwitcherCAD/LTspice has my vote. And it CAN do LM7805 and 1n400x. You do need to learn how to add these and other components.

What is your recommendation of simulation software to get (as opposed to what NOT to get)?

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

circuit.

If the OP (or anyone else) finds the free SwitcherCAD package unhelpful or too difficult, they could try Electronics Workbench -- it's easier to use. The academic Electronics Workbench/MultiSIM 9 Lite is available for less than $35 USD. It's included with a few basic electronics textbooks, too.

Cheerz Chris

Reply to
Chris

circuit.

Well mabad. It has component rotate and mirror (however clumsy) and after correcting some circuit errors..... I know there are spice models out there but the prospect of finding models for this particular package .... and these are pretty basic.

Sambo

current )

circuit.

circuit errors.....

this

For the 7805, if you join the Yahoo group "LTSpice" here ...

... then you can download one of the 7805 models here:
%20Regulators/

Models for 1n400x can be found here:

For example, the 1n4001 model is:

*SRC=1N4001;DI_1N4001;Diodes;Si; 50.0V 1.00A 3.00us Diodes, Inc. diode .MODEL DI_1N4001 D ( IS=76.9p RS=42.0m BV=50.0 IBV=5.00u
  • CJO=39.8p M=0.333 N=1.45 TT=4.32u )

Hope this helps,

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

I agree, they could have made those work more smoothly.

Mark

Reply to
redbelly