FS: Varactor Applications (book) by Penfield and Rafuse

This 600+ page book was published in softcover by the MIT Press in 1962. It's in excellent condition with no marks, tears, or page creases, though there is some minor creasing along the spine and a bit of discoloration on some page edges where they picked up shelf dust.

I'm cleaning out quite a few physics and math texts that I haven't used for going on 30 years now - they just move from house to house. During the Great Basement Evacuation last May (flooding) I realized I probably no longer need them, and now that the house is back in order the purge begins. Most are going on to eBay, but I thought someone here might want this particular one.

$10 includes shipping in the US. Please contact me by direct email *BUT* you'll need to remove the 3-letter food item from my posting address! If you can't figure that out, try the three letters just to the left of the at-sign.

Any takers? If not, it's off to eBay.

steve

Reply to
Steve Goldstein

Hi Steve,

I have no use for the book, but your mention of it brings back memories...

In my Course VI-B curriculum we (all six of us) had as instructor David C. White, of White & Woodson, "Electromechanical Energy Conversion".

White was the dud of all duds as an instructor, never prepared, read from the book... useless S.O.B

So we went to Dean Brown and complained.

The Dean replaced White with grad student Paul Penfield.

Magnificent instructor!

Later I worked with him when he also was a consultant to GenRad.

...Jim Thompson

The charter for this group:

*-*+only-advertise+sci.electronics.design-Electronic-circuit-design+zzz+the-rec-hierarchy+qq-qq+Discussion

You should have treated it like it was already on ebay: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:GlWDaaVQapQJ:pages.ebay.co.uk/help/newtoebay/usenet-policy.html+*-users-may-not-post-on-Usenet-groups+zzz+suspend-the-user's-eBay-account

Reply to
JeffM

Sold. Sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities, this really did seem the most appropriate place to post this.

steve

Reply to
Steve Goldstein

Sorry. In the future I'll restrict myself to posting to the "Jihad needs scientists" thread rather than offer something design-related that might be of real use to other readers of this group.

Reply to
Steve Goldstein