Looking for applications

Hi,

I'm looking for some real-world applications used in the embedded systems domain that

  • contain functions with loops where the upper bound is specified by the function argument
  • this function is called multiple times (at least 3x) with different arguments that steer the loop iteration.

The application should look somehow like this:

void function( ..., int n, .... ) { ... for (i = 0; i < n; i++ ) ...

}

int main() { ... function( ..., 10, .... ); ... function( ..., 25000, ... ); ... function( ..., 950, ... ); }

Do you know any applications of that form? I appreciate any help/ideas (URLs to test files are welcomed).

Regards, Christian

Reply to
Christian Christmann

This reminds me of the codebook search procedures in the voiceband codecs like G.723.1, G.729 and such. The number of iterations per subframe is upper bounded and it is generally different at every call.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Forgive my naivety Christian, but why would such functions be at all interesting? I mean, I can show you a couple of examples, but not if it's just going to set you rolling about the place at my expense.

Reply to
von der