frequency to voltage

Hi , i should use a TC9402 (microchip) to convert very slow frequency to voltage.

My frequency range in between DC and 5 Hz... and i have some questions:

1) at page 1 of the datasheet they says "Operation: DC to 100 kHz", but at page 4 "Input FrequencyRange" section they says 10Hz to 100KHz... what are the right values ?

2) I want to try the schematic at page 16 with single supply (12V): the equation:VOUT = [VREF CREF RINT] FIN If want to get 1V/Hz , is it right to set: vref=5V cref=10u and Rint=20K ?

thanks to all...

Reply to
merco

The datatsheet says its a voltage to frequency converter so the simple answer is no. Simple low frequency work is often easy to do mith a micro. Frequency ranges almost never include 0hz, decide what your real lower end is.

Reply to
cbarn24050

[...] The devices can also be used as highly accurate Frequency- to-Voltage (F/V) converters, accepting virtually any input frequency waveform and providing a linearly proportional voltage output. [...]

My lowest frequence could be 0.5 Hz

Reply to
merco

In that case small micro is the easiest way.

Reply to
cbarn24050

Reply to
merco

Hardware is really simple, you need to convert your input to a logic level square wave. Connect to one of the interrupt lines. Use a pwm generator for your output. Connect it to a CR low pass network and your done, apart from the software.

Reply to
cbarn24050

oh, right... i see... apart from the sw ;)

for this reason i was wondering if is there any IC was suitable for my problems...

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
merco

A few hours work, unless your completely new to it. Lots of examples on microchips site to get you stared. Micros are such a big part of the industry today that you will have to learn sooner or later, so it might as well be now.

Reply to
cbarn24050