PCB manufacturer

Hello,

As anyone of you used the service of PCBCart at http://www.pcbcart.com ?

Prices are damned good but don't know about quality and service.

---
Christian - Grenoble

Re: PCB manufacturer

 From Europe, also have a look at
http://www.eurocircuits.com
they are based in belgium and produce in hungary.
The prices are similar.
Of them, the service is excellent.

Rene

Re: PCB manufacturer

Don't know for pcbcart, but from eurocircuit :

"Sorry but the browser you're using is not supported. Try again using
IE...blah..."

Sorry Eurocircuits, but a potential customer lost.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Re: PCB manufacturer

"Fred Bartoli"

Sorry for you too Fred, a potential large amount of
profit lost. Install a windows PC just for acces to
eurocircuits, the PC will pay for itself in no-time.

I've been using them for 6 years now. Great for 2/4
layer boards. Cheap. Easy to repeat an order. Large
repeat orders (>25%0) are *dirt* cheap. Excellent
quality. Free shape routing, no restrictions on tools,
holes or other silly costs.

Highly recommended.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: PCB manufacturer

I like the sound of that. Have you ever ordered Au plating?

I've dropped them an e-mail, but in these days of spam filters
I may have to resort to fax/tel, we'll see tomorrow.

--
Siol
Re: PCB manufacturer

Never ordered gold plating. Orders entered through their
website don't have every possible option to choose from.
But they can make everything, I'm certain. I suppose you
have to ask for a quotation by phone or email, discuss
details with a sales person. Their automated order processing
only deals with 1/2/4 layers with top/bottom silkscreen, testing,
desired delivery time etc.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: PCB manufacturer

Well, they have a custom pcb request form
that allows for gold.

Rene

Re: PCB manufacturer

Splendid.

--
Siol
Re: PCB manufacturer

This might be usefull for others as well;
They charge about 0.002 Euro/mm2/micron Au

The question now would be what is the standard plating thickness for
the Au PCI edge connector.

--
Siol
Re: PCB manufacturer

Sio_spam_ snipped-for-privacy@same.net says...
Have you checked the PCI specification?  A quick search gets:

http://www.pcisig.com/specifications/conventional/ECN_PCI_Connector
_Finish.pdf

--
  Keith

Re: PCB manufacturer

The next question would be "how many insertion cycles" do you need ;)
I believe ~1um is standard and probably what you get no matter what
you order ;) But why don't you ask Eurocircuits?

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: PCB manufacturer

From the pci spec (thanks Keith) it seems like 1 micron should cover it.
http://www.pcisig.com/specifications/conventional/ECN_PCI_Connector_Finish.pdf

I sent them my board in p-cad and am now waiting for a quote,
I'll probably have to connect all PCI pins together for their electro-plating
process to
work. So far it sounds like gold might add some 25-35% to the total cost of the
board.
We'll see.

--
Siol
Re: PCB manufacturer

Sio_spam_ snipped-for-privacy@same.net says...

I downloaded the spec to understand this better.  The spec doesn't
really address the card edge tabs (at least it's hidden if it
does), rather the connector itself.  An alternate finish in the 2.3
spec is a gold flash over 1u palladium or palladium-nickel.  This
might be cheaper for the tabs too.

BTW, to answer the insertion cycles question, the spec calls for
100 mating cycles "without physical damage".

process to
the board.

Wow!  I did a PCI card (can't remember the PCI tabs specifically)
with some hard gold for a BGA connector and it didn't add anything
like that to the cost.  Maybe the base cost was so much higher that
I really didn't care what the gold added.

--
  Keith

Re: PCB manufacturer

process to
the board.

Yep, currently it costs me 3-4 euro per board.

--
Siol
Re: PCB manufacturer

electro-plating process to
the board.

Ok, that now makes sense.  My boards were in the couple of $hundred range
and the BGA sockets were $3K each.  The gold was insignificant (though the
supplier had to jump through a few hoops to not pollute their process with
the Au).

--
  Keith

Re: PCB manufacturer

http://www.pcisig.com/specifications/conventional/ECN_PCI_Connector_Finish.pdf
electro-plating process to
of the board.

They will probably do that (connecting pci pins) for you, if needed.
They always check a design against their own rules, and email a snapshot
indicating a possible problem, if they find weird stuff. I'm sure you
will get what you expect, without any hassles.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

Re: PCB manufacturer

I like the sound of that. Have you ever ordered Au plating?

I've dropped them an e-mail, but in these days of spam filters
I may have to resort to fax/tel, we'll see tomorrow.

--
Siol
Re: PCB manufacturer

Part of the functionality is available for firefox.
But yes, full support is wished.

Rene
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***

Re: PCB manufacturer

These are their facilities, not bad:
http://62.58.101.196/construct/index.htm

--
Siol
Re: PCB manufacturer

"Fred Bartoli"

Opera 8.52 and Firefox 1.5.0.1 work fine on Win98SE.

Mike

Site Timeline