Flux gate question

If you say so. We hated every minute we were there. VT was much nicer but the people are even loonier.

Reply to
krw

The property taxes on my 2600ft^2 AL house are $1350 a year. They were $6K on my 1700ft^2 VT house. The taxes on this house (GA) are a little higher than AL ($2.5K on 3600ft^2 w/full basement) but still within reason. Property taxes make a big difference to retirees.

Reply to
krw

Dutchess County is not the good part of the Hudson Valley. Further north is nice, further south is also nice. We're very happy where we are, in northern Westchester.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'm sure that's true. At the moment it's a bit of a nit compared with college tuition and so forth. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

ones

Hunh? The SF bay area is one of the most pleasant climates on the planet. Your complaint is probably about some other aspect which you did not elucidate.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Compound that difference over 40 years and it is significant. I'm sure Westchester is a lot higher than even VT, too (probably twice or three times).

Reply to
krw

There is a *lot* more to living than nice weather.

Reply to
krw

Well, P'ok sure sucks but it doesn't get better going South. North is OK, until you get half way to Albany. The other side of the river is a bit prettier but rally run down. You can have it all, particularly given the politics.

Reply to
krw

I beg to differ. Cold Spring is pretty nice, and by the time you get down to about Peekskill, things pick up pretty rapidly. Ever been to Pocantico or Irvington? (Or even Briarcliff?)

The scenery along the Hudson is tamer than in BC, but just as pretty.

North is

Why thanks. How much of it do you have in stock to give away?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

ighters

_trainin...

he TGI

floor.

for

nd will

ot

umbing

free.

k glass

acement

et

e very

life.

e keep

69F in

a will

past

uilt

cords

queeze

oh

more

e when

ot

y it

php

ty.

We had a nice hard freeze here this winter. Finally!!, keeps the pests down... ticks, chiggers, .. others, And when the creek freezes, it's a perfect highway to a winter wonderland.

But not nearly enough snow/cold to keep me happy. I plowed my driveway maybe four-five times, hardly enough to keep the battery in the truck happy.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

fighters

e_trainin...

the TGI

ts

e floor.

for

and will

lot

lumbing

nd

free.

ck glass

lacement

ket

he very

l life.

we keep

69F in

ea will

past

built

cords

squeeze

t oh

more

se when

.

hot

ty it

.php

en

ze

ity.

t -

Not enough 'problems'... grumble. There's nothing as peaceful as a meter of new snow. (I was going to say 3 feet.) You can't go anywhere, so relax and enjoy it! (and be prepared) George H.

Reply to
George Herold

e NE

ones

s 49

BM

on

this

ad

ate.

ry

oted text -

Hmm ~2300 ft and ~$5k/year...(I've got a garage, barn and ~30 acres too.) But in TN the ~same property was $1k... but where would my kids go to school?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

text -

Home schooling? That's what many do out here. But they still have to pay confiscatory property taxes. IMHO property taxes and death taxes are un-American.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

%

the NE

he ones

st

was 49

IBM

ed

dson

at this

hom

"

had

state.

very

ay

ze.

quoted text -

Yeah that would have been one option if we'd stayed in Tennessee. We had neighbors who home schooled. There was a good public school in the ?spendy? part of town (our ?cheap? house was on the wrong side of the river), and several good private schools.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

text -

Unless you're in or very close to the city, land isn't valued at much here. VT was absurd (in just about every way). They'd tax land at what it *could* be used for. Farmers were being forced to sell.

Obviously some schools are better than others but there isn't a high correlation between spending and education.

Reply to
krw

Certainly. I wouldn't live there on a bet.

If it weren't for about 15M people, maybe. It's still nothing like the Adirondacks or Greens. The view isn't worth the rest of the package, though.

I sold my share and got outta town 20 years ago. ;-)

Reply to
krw

firefighters

TGI

floor.

will

plumbing

free.

glass

replacement

very

life.

in

will

cords

squeeze

when

It got down to 20F the other night. I think that's twice this Winter. That's enough. It's time for Spring now. It's supposed to be in the

60s today. Rain the rest of the week, though.

I'd be shoveling and blowing while it was falling. It's a lot of work but it's easier if it's kept under 6" at a pass. We saw a flake or two this Winter. Perfect!

Reply to
krw

Hmm. Must be different places from the ones I know. Well, I'm glad you're happy where you are. (Assuming that you are, of course.)

Oh well. If a long-lost uncle leaves you any, give me a shout. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Very. The Atlanta area beats the crap out of the MHV.

Nah, they'd be in the Midwest. I'm sure you wouldn't want any of that. ;-)

Reply to
krw

In my house in Irvine, these all went to a cabinet in my bedroom closet, nice and convienent. Here in the desert, though, it all goes to a single box out on the outside of the garage, where there is no power and you get all the wonderful environmental effects of living here!

I kept trying to get the builder to hire me on how to construct a properly laid out home networking system...

Reply to
Charlie E.