Fluke 787 Process meter conclusion..

Today, I put my 787 on the back burner for general basic DMM use. After using it for some time now finding that the real purpose as to why I got it in the first place is useless.

The Current Loop output generator option using standard off the self 9 volt batteries will last no more than about 5 mins before the unit starts to act up due to excessive load on it's battery.. I always end up replacing the battery for basic meter use and use a stand alone current source which has 4, 9 volt batteries in it to finish the job.

The 787 does not have a CAP mode, no analog bar, no

10 AMP range option and is slow with response.

In my opinion, If I have to resort to using a stand alone current source that last longer so be it. So I received a Fluke 187 today for my all around throw in the box meter. At least that DMM is using the wasted space on the front panel of a 787 for something usefull.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie