Recognize the meter??

Recognize this meter??

I have recently acquired a few new panel-mount AC volt/amp meters with LDC display.

I set one to volts and connected the yellow leads to a suicide cord, and as expected, it measures the line voltage

I have an active photo of it here:

I have not tested to see what their ranges are.

I did some checking online (Google images, eBay) using various relevant search terms, but did not see mine pictured.

I just want to see if anyone here recognizes them and can point me to the info about it online.

Thanks.

- Ed - pupista at gmail dot com

Reply to
EdMiller

display.

expected, it measures the line voltage

terms, but did not see mine pictured.

about it online.

Would love to see however, my ISP seems to be blocking that IP for some reason.. It takes me to my ISP nag page, which does not happen too often.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Seems to be a DNS problem.

The server at 031d26d.namesecurehost.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Chromium from accessing the network.

Reply to
Jim Whitby

I can see it (or it's been fixed).

It's a 3 1/2 digit panel meter with a rather large black bezel, legend AC AMP/VOLT METER in upper right corner, and a slide switch labeled A and V on the left margin- A and V have a tilde (~) underneath. Obviously no mfgr marks.

So Ed, anything helpful on the board(s), or haven't you opened it up yet?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

A little while ago I looked at designing a fixed range ohm meter for someone and found that there is a family of fairly old chips for 200 mV input, 3.5 digit, integrating digital volt meters to directly drive either LCD or LED (different versions). When I searched for panel meters for prototyping, every one I found clearly used one of these chips. I believe the basic devices are 7106 and 7107 with derivatives like 7116, 7136, etc.

I bet this meter uses one of those chips along with appropriate front end circuits. The LCD versions are often powered from a 9 volt battery. Does this one use a 9 volt battery?

Rick

Reply to
rickman