floppr disk drive to microcontroller

hi all,

please , i want to interface a floppy disk drive to a pic microcontroller as a part of a project to analyse the data on the disk could anyone help me by the hardware required to this interface? also the suitable style of software?

thanks for your help

Reply to
rooshy

hi all,

please , i want to interface a floppy disk drive to a pic microcontroller as a part of a project to analyse the data on the disk could anyone help me by the hardware required to this interface? also the suitable style of software?

thanks for your help

Reply to
rooshy

Is there a full moon?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

On a sunny day (Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:51:48 GMT) it happened "Homer J Simpson" wrote in :

I dunno, but the floppies are round. You just have to take them out of the ... and watch that spring.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Let's not forget that there was a long thread about this a few months ago, though on actual floppy drives rather than floppr drives.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Yes - buy a PC and a PIC programmer - the PIC goes in the programmer, the flash memory goes in the USB and your floppr goes in the floppr drive.

--
Brendan Gillatt
brendan {at} brendan \\removethis// gillatt {dot} co {dot} uk