Flexibility of hours for EEs

He has a really big chip on his shoulder about something. He's just making himself look very petty.

Its one thing to post something better, and explain WHY its better. When someone just constantly whines, it makes you think of the bitter cartoon characters that infest these newsgroups.

What do you think about that stupid newsreader of his that attempts a proportional text, with a fixed font, even if it has to leave three or four spaces between words? Very hard to read, with vision problems.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Funny story...

When I started my present job (three companies ago...) I decided, as a sort of joke, to come in the first day in a full three piece suit. I was going to tone it down a little each day, until after a week, would be in tee and shorts...

However, on that first day, the company was having its annual meeting. Since I was new, and didn't have any other duties, the boss invited me along.

Now, usual dress here was jeans/slacks and company polo or tee, so suits were quite unusual. So, as we walked into the meeting, my boss got asked (very quietly...) who the 'suit' was! They expected I was a banker or other finance guy!

Now, I was just a lowly engineer, but I somehow suspect that the 'respect' I got from everyone stemmed, in part, to that 'first impression' that I MUST be a manager or other muckety muck! 8-)

That, and when I solved a customer problem (after only being there a week) that three other guys had been unable to solve to two months...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

you.

Engineers are good at "engineering" conversation.

I'm good at making people stare and wonder, dumbfounded, at verbal puns...

Just today I was talking with a co-worker about ferrule nuts, and I got a good stare off him when I responded "but Will Ferrel is a comedian?...".

Walking past the maintainance department, it's sometimes fun to make light of someone "pimping the hose" [sic]. :^)

Tim

Tim Williams

Interesting, I put together some test equipment (mostly wiring, boxes and cables, but hey, it counts) that tests fuel controls for the JSF.

Tim

Tim Williams

Commonly attributed to Churchill.

Tim

-- Deep Fryer: A very philos>

me?"

we're

Reply to
Tim Williams

Are ferrule nuts what you get when you neuter feral cats?

--
  Keith
Reply to

No, that was: Woman: "Mr. Churchill, you are drunk!" Churchy: "Madam, you are ugly. Tomorrow, I shall be sober."

The cited one is from "Playboy's Party Jokes", ca. 1963. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Both are credited to WC, along with many others.

--
  Keith
Reply to