Flexibility of hours for EEs

I design electronics because I'm good at it. What are you good at?

John

How do you know?

I made a lot of different things however it wasn't anything really distinguished or worth being proud of.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Good accurate comments...especially #3.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Because it works better than my competitors' stuff, and because serious scientific and aerospace users buy it for big bucks. But the money isn't the real goal; it's a tool to build even better electronics, and a public validation of the quality of the work.

John

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Silly people, the electronics is what matters. Only fops care about the clothes.

John

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Our guys wear shorts and sandals, even on days when the military and government boys are over. Many of us ride bicycles to work, go to the beach and surf for lunch, etc. We have a weights/running.etc gym, Volleyball, and Basketball courts.

Most of the guys are in for nearly twelve hours a day, after the two hour mountain trail riding lunch. :-], and the gym break, and the half hour snack breaks.

Hell, some days when the Pres. has a meeting with us all, we get BEER!

I'm in by 5:45 and out by 14:45.

Reply to
Spurious Response

From the look of the production line, a lot of the old women didn't even wear a bra. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Obviously. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So. You would work in drag, if the job paid enough? What does that say about your character? We know what you are, but not what you charge your "Johns" for an hour, or evening?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I would have filed them under, "The boss makes me wear this suit" The wrinkles are optional! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There was a joke going round a while back that went along the lines:

Man asks woman, "If I give you a million dollars, will you sleep with me?" Woman says "hmm, yes.". Man hands over a ten dollar note and says "lets go for it". Woman objects, and says "what kind of a girl do you think I am?". Man replies: "We've already determined what kind of girl you are, now we're just negotiating the price".

That pretty much applies everywhere.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

You can't do that trick with superheated steam and escape unscathed. OTOH I saw video of a guy pouring molten aluminium over his hand.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Never (I know how to trim quotes).

--
  Keith
Reply to

There is one unquestionable observation: you are very good at telling the sweet tales.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

Did you land a man to the Moon? Created Google or Microsoft? Invented Kalman RLS algorithm? If so, you have my great respect. Ah, you did the same trivial electronic shit all your life...

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

Yes. Teledyne Ryan Aero Apollo Landing Radar project 1967-1970; NASA Huntsville electronically steered phased array radar project 1970-1972. Next.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

I save my best writing for the embedded code, and the manuals.

John

I built a broadband KU band communications system that is aboard the International Space Station. It appears to be more than you're willing to lay claim to.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I helped (I was only 19) design two flight instruments for the S1B Apollo booster stage ("Pulse Coder" and "Time Correlation Unit") so, yes. And flight hardware for the C5A. Test and development gear for JSF, F22, Dragon Lady, B52, and some stuff they won't tell me about. Recently did heads-up display upgrade for the C130. Lots of NMR, NIF laser, pipelines, ship automation, atom probes. The time you see on your PC passes through my gear at the US Naval Observatory atomic-clock facility.

EEs can do all sorts of interesting stuff if they branch out a little.

John

On steamships, they check for bad pipe welds with a broomstick. Just wave it around the weld; if there's a pinhole leak, the tiny steam jet will cut the end off.

John