Flameout -- the story of why IBM Instruments crashed and burned

I saw this on an AAAS bulletin board, and thought that Phil Hobbs may have some history and insight to add.

.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

I never worked at Instruments, but a couple of pals did, and I know Jim Cooper--he ran the lab automation group in my early days at Watson.

Potentially a good read.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'm tempted too, even though I never worked at IBM. All big companies have these pathologies.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn