HC4046 Modeling

Seems to be a hot day for HC4046 model requests.

And sending the model out by E-mail has resulted in mucho bouncing... seems they think it's a security threat >:-}

So go to....

This is just the VCO portion. Just treat it like a subcircuit to use in whatever simulator you want.

For hints/tricks on subcircuit usage, see these links...

For the PFD, just build it up using logic parts.

LATER, I plan to make the whole thing as a behavioral block, but haven't gotten to it yet

RobertMacy

not sure why my reply got shaved off...

Jim, you told me to rename .zip files as .piz files and send them anyway. which worked for gmail

Reply to
RobertMacy

Yep. IT people are the dumbest stumps on earth ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

It's Windows's automatic behaviour that's the problem. When it sees a zipfile, it wants to open it in Explorer rather than just let it sit there. Autorun and its ilk are behind a lot of malware delivery mechanisms.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:36:17 -0500, Phil Hobbs Gave us:

An excellent point.

A good reason to operate under Linux instead too. I use both, but I think I have auto-execute turned off in my windows installs. The other thing folks using Windows need to do is set up and use an account that is NOT an admin account. It only causes one more admin PW input requisite, and is still less secure than Linux, but at least they took a few steps in the right direction.

I nice, big, epilepsy inducement capable red flashing screen every few seconds when in admin logins might wake a few idiots up too.

When they call MS up and ask how to get rid of it, they are once again told that they need to create and use a NON-admin user account.

Wake the f*ck up, Windows World. You have all been half assing things for too long! All to save having to enter a password to enact an install session? Pathetic.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Indeed. I have Eudora and Firefox both set up to disallow such behavior. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

And restored my interest in finishing up a good behavioral model.

Could someone with a 74HC4046 and a scope get me a photo of pin C1A with VCC=5V, VCO_IN=2.5V, CAP=1nF, and R1=150K? That will tell me information not to be found on a datasheet.

Thanks! (I don't have the part and the closest RatShack is 30 miles away... one of the very few "difficulties" from moving to the boonies :) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

You have to do it in Windows as well. But that's the reason for the sysadmins' apparently myopic fascination with file extensions.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You don't need to worry about Windows if you don't allow those file types to be downloaded in the first place. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Your call. It's a lot safer to dig through all the menus and make sure that all forms of autorun are turned off. The good news is that that's quite possible even in W7, although it isn't as easy as in XP.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'll look into it... I am, after all, paranoid... though that doesn't mean they're not out to get me >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

anyway.

It is not usually the IT types, it is their management. Just a huge difference in goals and attitudes much of the time.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Perzactly. When i have to deal with a windows installation shutting off autorun is always done just about as soon as possible. Almost all automatic behavior is set to ask me. Of course most of my Linux is set the same way as well.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Phil lost me there... how is it Window's "sees" the zipfile and tries to open it? Nothing automatically opens in my E-mail... I have Eudora set that way and, if I click on a zipfile in Window's Explorer, it's set to open with WinZip. And I _never_ use/download so-called "self-extracting", that's asking to be hit. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Windows does a whole lot of things under the covers, many of which are intended to make life easier for easy marks^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H naive users. There are things you can do to make it safer, but trusting it to do the obviously right thing is a rookie mistake.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs