Campari.??

A friend gave me a bottle of Campari.

I tried it on the rocks and did not find it very palatable :-(

How is it best mixed? ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

With equal parts Drano, then poured down the sink.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Surely there's a better recipe? I hope... it _is_ pretty unsavory. ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

The Italians drink it with soda water. Personally I don't like such bitter cordials, and ketchup doesn't help.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

:-D ...Jim Thompson

:-D

Jim;

add the draino and have a glass of it. You'll do us a favor!

...Jim Thompson

Shaun

Your mental (in)capacity is showing >:-}

And you can't even spell. ...Jim Thompson

...Jim Thompson

Compari? Great appetizer! Come on. Do olives really taste that good, etiher? The trick is that the 'bitters' aid digestion. Imbibe small amount before a meal, you can eat tons of pasta. Tis true that it tastes better 'cut' with something like Pelegrino.

Used to travel a lot throughout Italy, loved their habit of half and half wine and pelegrino with your meal Else get a bit tittally.

Also the sound of the word, Compari, sounds EXACTLY like the word in Chinese for 'CHEERS' [closest I can get phonetically, com-PIE-ee] Marco Polo brought a LOT back, eh?

Reply to
RobertMacy

Maybe that's the trick. I'll have to try that 1/2 and 1/2 trick. ...Jim Thompson

Again, don't taste it. Rather 'feel' it.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Heartburn or a royal cleaning may not be the feeling he's looking for!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Never tasted it myself, but I've noticed that in novels (old mystery/detective stories set in Italy) it is quite common for characters to just order it straight. In fact, I had the impression that it must be something mild.

No accounting for taste!

Bob Masta DAQARTA v7.50 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI FREE Signal Generator, DaqMusiq generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

I always drank it, straight also, it is an acquired taste, ...which I never acquired. Over the rocks, or cold, made it more bitter, [if that was even possible] so didn't like that at all. However the effect on digestion is incredible. It's kind of the reverse of Ezekiel and the scrolls.

Reply to
RobertMacy

they're not a friend.

like somebody else said, with draino and then poured down the drain.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

It probably cleans out clogs better than straight Drano.

Precision electronic instrumentation

That may be a suitable recipe, but it's the wrong application for Jim to use.

Reply to
RosemontCrest