Favorite electronics movies

Lol - a wire link?

Reply to
Nick

Say it loud, Brother Richard.

NeoCons seem to think that the 2nd Amendment is the only one necessary. Well, maybe the 10th

--but only if you're talking about limiting individuals' reproductive rights (not if you're talking about kemo patients using cannabis to treat their nausea and lack of appetite).

Y'know: Compassionate Conservatives(tm).

Reply to
JeffM

Blake's 7 was better the 1st season when they were writing about the Maquis-esque aspects. When they started to veer off into the *strange new worlds* stuff, they totally jumped the shark.

Reply to
JeffM

As I recall they also had a few Brown (or Honeywell Electronik) temp controller/recorder units as instrumentation in a few episodes, too...

Reply to
Rick

Not a movie, but the TV series "24" had a nice hidden moral. The first season everyone using OS/2 lived and all Windows users died. The second season all Mac users lived and Windows users didn't.

No, but silly if that's their intent.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I had a very high opinion of the "restaurant" books until I re-read one recently. Somehow it seemed much worse this time.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

Keith Williams wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@News.Individual.NET:

Not silly;they intended to get people to believe that such surveillance is possible or is actually happening. Naturally,they would then be against the government position.

There's too much of a coincidence with current events for this to be a chance selection.It's politicking by the ABC Network.

I would not call it "subversive" though,but they ARE working against US National interests in monitoring enemy communications with US citizens during war. (and we ARE at war with Al-Qa'ida.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Sure but you already knew the plot line, and the ending.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don't forget the original TV series "Battlestar Galactica" which used a lot ot Tektronix equipment for all their instrumentation. Was that bad planning, or just another not so subtle hint that they were headed to our earth?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There are Red Dwarf books?

Reply to
Carl Smith

Yep, I've got 2. Highly recommended!

1st "Red Dwarf", 2nd "Better than life" Try amazon.com

SioL

Reply to
SioL

Yes, but "We were just following orders" is the excuse.

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Lister teaching Kryten to tell fibs was classic.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Come on! The movie's been on the cable channels for months. These things get re-released from time to time.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Nah, Tek subsidized a bunch of the production. "Product placement".

--
  Keith
Reply to

Not an 'electronics movie' per se, but the scenes in Antitrust involving working on computers doing 'administrative stuff' used actual command line stuff. Not a ridiculous GUI that no self respecting admin. would dream of using.

Think honk if you\'re a telepath.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I agree that monitoring communications between US citizens and unfriendly foreigneers is in the US national interest. In fact, Congress agrees, so much so that they set up a special secret court to issue the necessary warrants so that the Bill of Rights is not trashed in the process.

Reply to
Richard Henry

[snip]

That court (the FISA court) will even grant subpoenas after the fact. So, why is George opposed to using them? My guess is that the wiretaps in question have nothing to do with the war on terrorism. Its more likely that the administration is venturing into areas like industrial espionage or putting together lists of 'Friends of George' and 'Enemies of George'.

Dedicated to the unrestricted propagation of worthless
information across the Internet.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

their

Well, the CIA and especially the FBI have a pretty bad track record for respecting the limits in the constitution.

But it is my opinion that the people in the NSA understand the constitution. You can bet that president Bush's illegal order to monitor US persons without FISA or other court approval was leaked by someone in the NSA who was disgusted and appalled.

As far as I can see, without a bona-fide declaration of war from the congress, precious little slack should be accorded to the president on matters of the constitution and limits to executive power.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

Bull puckey.

But George IS "listening" in on calls that end up yielding no subpoena-worthy information.

If you are blind listening to calls from "over there" what do you expect?

In this day and age, I'd call it "Googling" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.