One of my favorite critters

These guys are stranger than I previously thought.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Awesome! Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

ehsjr wrote in news:r5c4su$1i1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I think it is cool the way they described how they start out within the eggs with a shell like a snail has, then shed it before birth.

And their bodies move poisons and toxins and even tiny critters out to their spindly tips...

Not tasty!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Who knew that people have studied these Nudibrank (sp?) to that extent. I suspect they have a lot of fun doing this work, perhaps as much fun as some of us have in our careers!

10 minutes well spent getting an inkling of life in the oceans...

Thanks to the researchers, the commentator, and their sponsors.

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

I don't know how fun it is exactly. Filming wild life in its natural habit at is hard work. Nudibranchs are not uncommon, but filming them when they are living the various aspects of their lives takes many hours and many tan ks of air. I'm sure they feel accomplishment however. That counts for a l ot.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Maybe part of the sea creatures don't get cancer research thingy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Fantastic video (thanks for the link). The amount of research and writing that must have gone into it is incredible. Really puts the turn-on-the-camera-and-record-every-boring-second videos to shame.

He has 2.8M well-deserved subscribers - why haven't heard of him before?

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Love them (seen them while snorkeling and diving too). Thanks for the link.

We also like snorkeling at Cabbage Tree Bay in Manly, .

Lots of interesting creatures there, but for me the highlight is in the winter, when we get Australian Giant Cuttlefish, which are brilliant to watch. Not only does their skin change colour - in waves, patterns, or to match the foliage, but the skin texture changes too - lumps or ridges appear and disappear to match the kelp as they float past different species. I've even watched two in a mating dance, trying to impress each other all the colours on display.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

With all the crap our own species puts itself through, I almost think my life would be better as a sea slug or nudibranch.