AC Line Monitor and/or Opto Coupler for 3.3v board

I am looking for a component that will alow me to bring a "hot"

230v (but also less, down to 10v) on to my microcontroller board by detecting the presence of the signal, isolating it, and converting it to DC logic levels. I thought of using a "standard" opto coupler, but understand there are some dedicated components for this application? (AC Line Monitor?). Some of my signals are just change in state of a line (i.e. 230v present or not, and the changes are long in between) while others are up to 200KHz AC signals.

Specifically, I am looking for a component that would work good on my

3.3v board uC (I found one for 5v but I want to use only 3.3v).

Thanks

Reply to
ElderUberGeek

So what you want is a logic high output when there is an input signal - any signal, from 10 v up to 230V - and a logic low when there isn't? And it must be done with 1 component? What did you find at 5 volts that would do this?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Use a Transformer to step down the 230 volts to 10 volts this must be a fair sized transformer to handle 230 volts AC. then push the 10 volts through a risistor network to bring the voltage to the propper values Next use a schmidt trigger to look for voltage changes the trigger will output 5 volt and 0 volt logic high and low pulses to represent the incomming signal when it is triggered at its turn on and turn off points. This should satisfy your board feed and provide you with a logic clock pulse that represents the insomming 230 volt signal regardless of frequiency. This requires you to build the device yourself and choose the propper component values.

Reply to
Rog