Fast, low cost PCB fab

Try this;

cheers, harry

Reply to
Harry D

Klaus Kragelund

it works like a charm. It's in constant use and once you know how to set it up it really reduces board spin time.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Come on fellas, go to eBay and buy a LPFK and spin PCBs for all the world to enjoy. Get sketches from JL and make big $$. Cheers, Harry

Reply to
Harry D

See A.B.S.E.

petrus bitbyter

"Harry D" schreef >> "Harry D" schreef in bericht

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

What is A.B.S.E.? Harry

Reply to
Harry D

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

time,

crack he

I don't think it is reasonable to get such a job done for $100 if it includes layout from schematic. You would need to specify where the parts go and the exact footprints and trace widths such, and by the time you do all that you might just as well just do it yourself. Once you have the gerbers or a camera-ready hard copy (or PDF), you can get the boards made for maybe $50 or so:

I have also dealt with a small prototype guy who made single and double sided boards but no PTH, but it's easy enough for a prototype to use thru-hole components or solder wires for vias. Or just drill and etch the boards yourself.

BTW, if your boards are as simple as you say, once I had the schematic in PADS with parts already in my library, it would probably take no more than an hour to layout and route.

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

double

the

Here is the information for him:

Basically, we take the artwork or pdf file you send, make a film, expose, etch, drill and tin plate the left copper.

Since we specialize in prototypes, even 1 board, short runs, and small quantities, with 2-3 day service,discounts are not available.

Single sided boards are 69 cents per square inch plus 2 cents per hole for drilling.

Double sided boards without plated thru holes are 99 cents per square inch plus 2 cents for drilling.

There is a first time photo charge of $6.00 for orders of single sided, and $9.00 for double sided, for making the film.

Plated thru holes, silk screening, and solder masking are not available.

Material is FR4 glass epoxy, 1/16, oz copper, electroless tin plated.

Limit trace width and spacing to .020

Send a drill guide along with the artwork.

Atlas Circuits Richard Allran e mail: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

I've dealt with him for at least ten years. I originally found him through the "Nuts And Volts" magazine. He's in NC near Charlotte.

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

Glad I'm not the only one. The other day someone actually used AG rather than spelling out Attorney General.

--

Rick
Reply to

Doesn't sound too bad except for the 20 mil trace and space limitation. I can't remember the last time I did a board that used 20 mil traces. For many of the parts I use that is the pin pitch! I guess this is ok for DIP technology.

--

Rick
Reply to

Harry D schrieb:

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

3 boards - double side plate through no silk. You will have 3 boards in 3 days for 51 bucks. They ship back two day. You use their software and one c lick sends files to their fab house.

I've been using these guys for over 10 years now. Every design ee should b e familiar with some kind of inexpensive quick turn prototype house. There are many out there that accept gerbers. This particular vendor has the sc hema capture software and it is linked to layout package for rats nest.

Reply to
Yzordderrex

| | 3 boards - double side plate through no silk. You will have 3 boards in 3 days for 51 bucks. They ship | back two day. You use their software and one click sends files to their fab house. | | I've been using these guys for over 10 years now. Every design ee should be familiar with some kind of | inexpensive quick turn prototype house. There are many out there that accept gerbers. This particular | vendor has the schema capture software and it is linked to layout package for rats nest.

Well, if someone was willing to port the schematic to expresspcb, then design the PCB and send the files to the fab house the same day, all for under $50,- he'd had the PCB's for $100,- in four days. But so far no one accepted the challenge. Nevertheless, if you want to you can find an example of the PCB-design on ABSE so you only have to port it to to expresspcb an send it. A pity your some days late. The OPs request is over ten days old by now :)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

days for 51 bucks. They ship back two day. You use their software and one click sends files to their fab house.

familiar with some kind of inexpensive quick turn prototype house. There are many out there that accept gerbers. This particular vendor has the schema capture software and it is linked to layout package for rats nest.

What are you talking about "There are many out there that accept gerbers"? Did you mean there aren't many out there that DON'T accept Gerbers? Everyone accepts Gerber files.

Or are you saying they don't give you the same rate if you don't use their software? In that case, they can take a hike! I'm not laying out the same board twice if I don't want to stay with them or make revs before going to someone else for production.

--

Rick
Reply to