fakery (2023 Update)

"And so began the most closely guarded secret of the Reagan White House — the soothsayer and her seven-year grip on the president’s public activities, until a vengeful ex-aide revealed it."

Corvid

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Fri, 8 Oct 2021 03:34:05 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <sjoe7d$s1$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

O/AnJp+AindO

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Fri, 8 Oct 2021 03:34:05 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <sjoe7d$s1$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

P9UqUzgx6roZ

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

For good reason. Widely available and dirt cheap. Commodity.

And modern VFDs operate above the audible band, so no whine. But VFDs do generate a good bit of EMI, so shielding of nearby electronics is essential.

.

I have bought and use VFDs from Automation Direct. No problems. But it is necessary to read the manual to set a VFD up correctly. One cannot just take it out of the box and use it.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

This VFD was shooting 20 volt spikes all across the engineering floor.

I do recall that story. What was the make, model, and especially the year? These have gotten better, but still they are VFDs.

Fast switching is the dark side of high efficiency.

And line inductors are often the solution - if I recall, those three toroids are inductors you cobbled up.

At home, I don't have any line inductors, but I don't do machining and electronics at the same time. But the people trying to build theory own "electronic leadscrew" (replaces lots of gears in a lathe headstock used to control thread cutting) had endless problems with EMI from the VFD driving the lathe spindle. Took a lot of shielding and correct grounding to fix.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Can't recall. The building was torn down for condos.

The silver box is a commercial line filter on the input side. We hacked the toroids on the outputs, going to the blower on the roof.