Failure mode

Oh. I thought it was a parctical joke.

James

Reply to
James Arthur

Is there such a thing as a big singularity?

John

No. That's what makes it so scary.

James

Reply to
James Arthur

The clock or John?

Stop Continental Drift! Re-unite Gondwanaland!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

So, what does the AM/PM LED say?

SHIFT TO THE LEFT!  SHIFT TO THE RIGHT!
POP UP, PUSH DOWN, BYTE, BYTE, BYTE!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You think that's wierd? I have a clock that, when ite reflection is viewed in a mirror, I can read the time the right way around.

Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Jewish Lightning ?

"

Reply to
Jamie

Hey, I like that one!.. :)

"

Reply to
Jamie

So do I, but it's analog. Drive some people nuts, but others hardly notice it.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Mine reads the right way when viewed directly as well. It's not one of those 'backwards' clocks. And mine's digital.

"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes."
(If you can read this, you\'re overeducated.)
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

That reminded me of the time I and wife drove our old Suburban to another town to pick up a used truck I bought. Wanted to check out speedometer reading on the way home with both vehicles. We both had a CB radio. I called her and said I show 55. Her reply was I show 61. Some clown pipes up and said "hey lady you have it upside down you are on chanel 19." She did not reply to him. WW

Reply to
WW

A boson is a particle joke.

John

Well it certainly seems to stink.

Reply to
JosephKK

...Wd\\WV?

Reply to
krw

Words of dueteronomy...

Words of Visdom

heheheh

Reply to
Do I really need to say?

Hard to say without knowing something about its construction.

But since one of the several projects I'm juggling right now is a clock/thermometer (display muxed between two different quantities), perhaps your clock is displaying temperature.

Once is a great while the digital clock I built in the 70's goes haywire, displays wrong value in

1's hours. Years ago I traced the problem to a flaky solder joint on the "g" segment (which would turn 8 into 0). The space behind the display is such a rats nest of #28 solid wire that I decided to stay out of it and just live with the intermittant. An 8-inch drop to the desktop usually gets the segment working again.
--
Michael
Reply to

The same failure mode that made the blonde try to buy a 710 cap for her car's engine.

Jim

-- "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)