experience

He is being set up to learn how to design electronics.

Actually, this class D power amp will be his second design. His first was the dual I/Q modulator that simulates a jet engine blade tip sensor. It's time for some power stuff with thermal issues.

Not Detroit, born and raised in Kalamazoo, but they were our team. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

-------------------------------

** Weird, unsupported assertion that contradicts his previous post.

** Oh dear - now he trots out unrelated snippets of information, one at a time, that prove nothing.

Larkin clearly abuses his young staffers - exactly as one would expect from his constant bullying behaviour here.

What an asshole.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yeah I think copying something done before is the best place to start. What I remember most is copying something, having it not work, and then figuring out what you did wrong. And of course explaining how it works to someone else is the real test of understanding.

Well I find that it can be useful to understand why it didn't work. That usually teaches me something.

I will never forget replacing some lenses and getting a factor of 5 in signal! That doesn't happen very often.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

In a market economy, people who don't like their jobs can quit and find a better one.

What's annoying about this guy is that he had never played ping-pong before and has now become the company champion.

5 is good. Better than 5%.

amdx wrote in news:qnl9l5$2h4$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Interesting indeed. Thank you for that reference link.

So I guess according to the haters, Win was right and his party was floundering and needed help, whereas I foundered miserably in stating that he made the wrong word selection.

Or can there be degrees of foundering? Guess not, so all are miserable.

One can miserably flounder, however. Or not so miserably.

Do I appear to be flopping about right now... ??? :-)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Phil Allison wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

No, it is not. Not in this context it isn't. It was used as a verb in this context, so your attempt at a point is moot. Actually non-existent. verb, noun... verb... noun... my side, your side... my side... your side. Get with the program.

And the verb definition you chose is not correct either. It must be some half assed dictionary you chose to get it from.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Don't forget to include flapping.

It's also very similar to the skill set needed to successfully have relationships with women

Reply to
bitrex

If you watch good card players you'll notice they fold constantly, even on hands less skilled players would be excited about.

Reply to
bitrex

If only that were true.

Which suggests that the company isn't that strong in ping-pong - or table tennis, as it is called by people who take it seriously.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Flapping can take you places. Floundering implies that you aren't getting a nywhere. Somebody in a flap is trying to do several things at once, which u sually means that they taking longer to get anywhere than they should, whil e somebody who is floundering is unlikely to make any progress at all.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Aw, gee. Ruthless plug for AOE...

Martin Riddle

Your talking about empirical knowledge. What you have learned by doing, what works and what will not. This forms the basic skills that determine which direction a designer should take. But, of course there are new techniques that can be developed to get the job done.

So thow em into the deep end and prepare the life rafts.

Martin Riddle