EVGO CHPT

CSU (Cal State U) is now anti-EV. During the pandemic, I got kicked out of their chargers. Now, all chargers go dark. I have to go 8 miles north to the charger in Cere. The charger looks and feels like ChargePoint, but i got an email that my EvGo account will be charged. The only link between EVGO and CHPT is my email address.

Did EVGO hijacked CHPT?

Reply to
Ed Lee

Were they FREE?

I don't think I want an electric car.

Yes, but I would pay if I have to. There is no other option along this route.

Only if they are cheap. Leaf is cheaper than similar ICE cars, but you just have to pay what you get, not get what you pay.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Yes, driving EV is very challenging. I am just experiencing it to report the fact, just the fact, as a matter of fact. I am not anti-EV or anti-ICE. It's for some people, but not all people, certainly not 100% by 2040. Since I get hit from both EV fans and ICE lovers, I must be correct.

Reply to
Ed Lee

But i only do long distance few times per year and I got plan B (AAA+) and C (GG). Local charging/driving within the bay area is fine.

AAA+: 4x100miles towing GG: Gasoline Generator

Reply to
Ed Lee

Well, AAA+ is like public transport for EV, and very reasonable (read the stalled EV thread). You can't beat $25 for moving the car 100 miles. I only need it going into Vegas and getting out of LA. I can always do infinte one way loop of SF-LA-LV without problem.

Reply to
Ed Lee

CHEAP. FREE. Is that your whole life?

I just don't feel like spending $30K to $40K for cars, when a 5K to 10K EV would do.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Did it twice just to be sure. I use CHPT RFID card on the CHPT charger, but the session showed up on my EVGO account. There is no way for CHPT to have my EVGO account and debit card info. The debit card is not in use anywhere else. Unless the station is scanning all my RFID cards in the key ring and pick only the EVGO card for billing but CHPT card for control on/off.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Under Volt kills: The CSU incidence drained my battery down to 9% and killed my expansion battery. That's fine, better than killing my main battery. Segment 3 is down to 80V. That means some cells are dead. I got 2 hot swap and 6 cold swap (need soldering) replacement modules in the car. Hopefully, I can do a hot battery swap at Walmart parking lot, before they kick me out.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Swapped out a 12V module at 4V. Two banks are probably dead. Nobody notice me at Walmart. Back to business. To borrow Musk's philosophy, failure is just an experiment.

Reply to
Ed Lee