Every day is a new learning experience :-)

I bought a Hampton Bay Solar light in order to modify it to use as a battery charger in order to be more "Green Friendly" and to use it to charge other batteries.

It uses 2 lithium phosphate batteries rated at 3.2 volts 1000 Mah that powered the light.

Battery voltage started at 1.3 volts and rose to 3.41 volts after about 36 hours of sun exposure.

The product info said that it would last for 6 hours at full current.

I used it for 1 hour and the voltage dropped to to .7 volts.

Is that typical ?

Is it because of poor quality batteries ?

Mucho gracious, Andy

Reply to
Andy K

LiFePO4 I assume?

I'm afraid your batteries are now officially deceased.

Probably dead on arrival, yes. But you didn't tell us what is the load...

cheers

Reply to
joe hey

I was doing a lot of testing and soldering and that was why the batteries went dead.

I have converted it to a solar battery charger.

It can charge AA, AAA, and Li-F-PO4 batteries. ( 2 at a time.)

I was surprise to see it still charging even on cloudy days.

:-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy K