"engineers should embrace the role of the arts"

Or in the case of my Audi, they are all in the wrong place.

My wife's Honda Fit is a marvel of ergonomic design.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Are you an artist? Show us some of your work.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yes, he is a perpetual downer. He's probably depressed because he's bored because he doesn't do anything.

Bloggsy seems interested in electronics, but I suspect he doesn't actually design or build anything. That would be too "mechanical."

It always impresses me how many self-declared intelligent people aren't smart enough to figure out make themselves useful or happy.

Well, happy Thanksgiving! Mo is from Boston, but she makes a stunning pecan pie. I might do bread pudding or Bananas Foster for dessert. Shrimp Remoulade appetizer, too, if I can score some decent shrimp at this late date. Work does tend to interfere with shopping and cooking.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Everyone is so glad Larkin, the mechanic, has found a retard he can relate to.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

A competent engineer is just the sort of person that's good at that. I'll bet lots of the stupid designs on the market are down to managers saying 'it works, ok lets go, never mind another 5 cents making it decent, we have sht to sell.'

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I got the impression that when technical managers were at technical management school, the instructors kept on telling them that engineers were hopeless perfectionists who had to bludgeoned into finalising designs as fast as possible.

Few of them were willing to sit still to be told what aspects of the design were still uncertain and needed more work, and most of those that were willing to listen took a while to get their heads around the residual problems.

I tended to go around saying that if it's only 99% right, it won't work ...

Ergonomics can be trickier - engineers tend to understand what controls are supposed to do. It isn't always quite as obvious to the user.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to