energy savings

Yeah, he has this annoying habit of being right.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You're a dreamer. She is every bit as far to the left as is BO. Remember, she was working to take over the medical industry while BO's activism was limited to the Choom Gang.

Reply to
krw

Being right only matters after the election is won.

Reply to
krw

With a nice Republican House and Senate, we'd survive.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Again, you're dreaming.

Reply to
krw

What do you think would happen if Hillary was prez? The sun would go out? Russia would annex the USA?

She's be better than Obama. Worse than most of the repub possibilities, but not that much worse.

The President isn't actually all that important. Monster social and economic effects have their own dynamics.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

BO has shown her where the pen and phone are, and how to use them. Congress? They're obsolete.

I don't believe that for a second. Maybe instead of BO, but not after.

In theory, you'd be right but in practice, the President is far more powerful. If the Constitution were more than an old piece of paper, you'd probably be right but we've already seen what happens when a President doesn't care about all that. Remember, Congress doesn't have a military, or even a police force.

Reply to
krw

But they do have the check book. If only they would us it.

Reply to
Tom Miller

They've already tried that. The "people" didn't like it.

Reply to
krw

Den tirsdag den 2. september 2014 00.28.46 UTC+2 skrev Tom Miller:

well they tell the president how much he should spend with the budget, but also how much he can take in in taxes. the two numbers never add up so he has to borrow to make up the difference

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

:

my life. While I was busy trying make stuff, they were busy scheming how to take over. And did.

That's delusive thinking if I ever heard it. The people who've done best in the US for the last thirty years are the rich - income inequality has bee n rising - not falling - since Reagan came to power. They weren't "busy sch eming how to take over" because it's basically the same people who got the US government to buy their barrels of pork for the army for an inflated pri ce after the war of independence and having been ripping off the rest of th e country ever since.

you can do is work within them, ignoring or breaking as many as reasonably possible.

That's not what the founding tax evaders did - they threw out the British a nd changed the game to one where they could set the rules to suit themselve s.

welfare checks.

I don't get any "welfare checks". I got unemployment benefit for five years in the Netherlands, but that's industry funded rather than tax-payer funde d, and I get a UK old age pension - but that's called National Insurance, a nd I get it because I paid National Insurance premiums all the time I worke d in the UK, and kept on paying them after I moved to the Netherlands.

hemers.

Also known as industry lobbyists in the US, who keep on putting tax loophol es into the US tax system, so that if you aren't part of their industry you have to pay higher taxes to cover the stuff that their industry doesn't. T he US has the highest corporate tax rate of pretty much any advanced indust rial country but collects a lower proportion of corporate profit than most

- due to all the loopholes.

Carson-Cruz would be a great 2016 pro-freedom, pro-prosperity ticket. Rick Perry was pretty decent too--Texas is doing great.

Wide appeal to right-wing nitwits. Ben Carson is a retired surgeon who rein troduced hemispherectomy - taking out almost half the brain - which has to appeal to the likes of James Arthur, who don't use most of the one they've got.

black president?" I'm afraid that's one of his legacies.

Dr. Ben Carson does look black. It's more likely that Obama will be the las t intelligent president for a while - anybody clever enough to get the job by being clever - as Obama did - is likely to realise that you can't do any thing that doesn't serve the interests of the rich once you've got it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

> Romney-Carson would work. If the last election were rerun today,
>
> Romney would win nicely.
>

> --
>

> John Larkin         Highland Technology, Inc
>

> jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
>
> http://www.highlandtechnology.com
Reply to
Bill Sloman

Romney was actually a vulture capitalist. Obama's secret weapon in the last election was spreading stories about what he'd done to companies that he'd taken over. Who needs Karl Rove when the truth works?

Far-right. Not far-right enough to keep the ideological purists like James Arthur happy, but far-right enough to look like a lunatic to the bulk of the electorate. Remember the 46% who don't pay taxes?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Appliances in the US are generally limited to about 1650 Watts because most household outlets are fused at 15 Amps @110 VAC.

But I have to say I don't get how limiting the power of a hair dryer will save any real amount of energy. Many people don't understand the difference such as the person writing the article.

I was opposed to the phasing out of incandescent lightbulbs because I feel the competing solutions should stand on their own two feet. But now that there are a lot more choices out there I am pretty happy with the result. The law achieved its intended purpose, to speed the switch over.

--

Rick
Reply to

the

people

at

out

have

who

kettle

Regulation only rarely levels the playing field. It normally tilts it in favor of the incumbent producers. Perhaps you need to watch more of it being made. See also the sausage analogy.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

So now the law can be eliminated since it is no longer needed?

Fat chance.

Reply to
Tom Miller

favor of the incumbent producers. Perhaps you need to watch more of it be ing made. See also the sausage analogy.

The incumbent producers have been serving the market long enough to know wh at works, and keeps on working. They do have quite a lot to offer the regul ation process, even if they have predictable tendency to try to write the r egulations in a way that tends to freeze out potential (and sometimes actua l) competitors. This can make the process of regulation-writing more interesting than you'd expect.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I don't know. I bought some Romex a few days ago. All on the shelf met the

600V spec. Regulation seems good to me, but I invite you to eat at a restaurant that doesn't follow the health code and then let me know how much time you spend on the can.
Reply to
miso

When was the last law "eliminated"?

Exactly. Another reason to love gridlock.

Reply to
krw

That's an NEC spec, i.e., an example of self-policing without regulation.

There's some value, but they mostly burden the diligent without affecting the scoundrels--a chef can still slip a turd into your soup if she wants to.

Meanwhile, it's hard to see how *this* does us any good, over stupid banking rules--

"Dear Mr. President,

I am writing with a heavy heart as I, my husband, and our daughter are all seriously contemplating giving up our U.S. citizenship."

--Scaring med students out of their field:

"Mr President, I'm leaving the medical field. I'm hanging up the white coat. However, let me be clear. You have not won."

For two hundred years companies and people have struggled to join America, now O wants to keep them forcibly from leaving. Like East Germany.

And Michelle Obama regulating school bake sales is just plain offensive. Nice picture, though...

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

LINE ITEM VETO.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell