"eml" to something real??

Anyone know how to convert an Outhouse Excuse "eml" attachment to a real file format such as JPEG?

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Some might ask what file types you're expecting to convert to JPEG? My first thought was a screen capture app..but probably not what you're lookn for.

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

It looks like a regular txt file, that OE is associated with. Any text editor can open it.

Martin Riddle

According to this

its an e-mail format. As such, it probably contains one of more objects that you might expect to find in (or attached to) an e-mail message. The object types are (probably) attributes in the headers of each part of the EML file and will require the appropriate decoder.

I've never done EML files, but its not difficult to examine the innards of e-mail messages saved on systems like UNIX/Linux. Try peeking inside one with a plain text editor. Look for labels like:

Additional attributes will tell you what each part is and how it is encoded.

I have a truly marvellous sig which this margin is too narrow to
contain.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

message

can open it.

It's an embedded image. My Eudora Pro v7.1.0.9 can display it immersed in the body of the E-mail, but I can't otherwise do anything with it. All my assorted viewers and PaintShopPro throw up when I attempt to load it.

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

message

can open it.

Can't you just right click on the image and save it? al

Reply to
eyezkubed

I still use old Mozilla for email and clicking on an eml attachment simply opens the email that it carries. Usually a copy of an email that the sender wants me to see in its original form, not as a forwarded message in a new email body.

So your email client can't do that?

The dreaded winmail.dat is a whole 'nother matter. IMHO that was a rather stupid decision by MS.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Found it as a JPG... Eudora tucks these messes generated by Outhouse Excuse into a directory named "Embedded"

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

| >It looks like a regular txt file, that OE is associated with. Any text editor can open it. | >

| >Cheers | >

| | It's an embedded image. My Eudora Pro v7.1.0.9 can display it | immersed in the body of the E-mail, but I can't otherwise do anything | with it. All my assorted viewers and PaintShopPro throw up when I | attempt to load it. | | ...Jim Thompson

You could also decode the base 64 format that it is in using

Just cut out the headers and copy the encoded stream in this program and out comes the file.

Martin Riddle

message

message

editor can open it.

comes the file.

Save the file with a .b64 extension and pkzip will figure it out.

donald

Reply to
donald

It's really a TNEF file:

Freeware winmail.dat reader:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Turns out that Eudora pulls a sleight of hand, converts it to JPG, but hides it away in a directory named "Embedded" that I didn't even know existed.

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

There's also an odd little program called Fentun:

It seems to work, though lately I've stopped getting winmail.dat attachments, perhaps because the idiot who kept sending them to me went bust.

JS

Reply to
JSprocket

Yes, one of the "nice" f*overs of spending too much time being "user friendly" and not setting up appropriate configuration,

Reply to
JosephKK