electronic detection of earthquakes

Argh! I've cross posted! Apologies everyone. Just hit the "reply" button.

--
Nemo
Reply to

Thank you for your consideration. I don't know which groups you x-posted to, though, so I'm broadcasting too.

Reply to
Androcles

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.physics,sci.geo.earthquakes

Any decent newsreader gives you access to the headers to discover this. This may not include outhouse express.

Reply to
JosephKK

Actually, cross-posting is preferable to multi-posting, as long as the topic is plausibly within the purview of the groups involved.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

With so many newsgroups it makes one wonder why all posts end up in sci.physics as well -- especially American politics and religion. I see little of Norwegian, Irish, Sudanese or Argentinean politics. For a nation that is a melting pot of many cultures the USA is peculiarly interested in maintaining a British form of government but not religion - we kicked out Jews and Catholics hundreds of years ago. Can we discuss electronics and earthquake physics now instead of varieties of x-posting, please?

Reply to
Androcles

I'm not about the spend a century-and-three-quarters or so to read the book, so perhaps my question about it is irrelevant, but here it is: how can a relatively small part of the Earth, that in which the epicenter occurs, often many miles below the surface, manage to affect an atmospheric layer that is above both the weather layer (troposphere) and the ozone layer/stratosphere/mesosphere without simultaneously causing a signal of *some* sort that just about everybody and their brother, in this highly instrumented and electronified age, can pick up?

About a year ago, I was waiting in a transportation hub rather late at night, when things had quieted down, and thus the train, when it passed through the building level below us, was quite noticeable. I swear I am not making this up: Right after that, a Japanese man strolled into the room and asked if we had felt the earthquake.

:-)

Barb

Reply to
Belba Grubb

Just to make it clear that I don't actually believe these claims.

But one way would be for the signal to propogate as a low frequency e-mwave until it hit the ionosphere where it can couple to ions. Our radio antennae are not good at picking up frequencies below 50kHz. It suggests that some of the whilster monitoring networks might also see these things if they are there. My instinct is that the ionosphere is often doign something interesting so coincidence cannot be ruled out.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

I've always been intrigued by the non-quantative reports of "lightning" which accompany some night earthquakes. This phenomenon was locally reported in the 1811-12 Missouri series, and others that I've read about. Ionization of the atmosphere because of earth movement of silicate rocks (piezoelectric signals) don't seem too far out of the realm of possibility.

Perhaps the cave radio people might be interested in earthquake monitoring. They are already driving/detecting signals through rock in ULF.

Reply to
Jo Schaper

Logic would suggest he supplied an abundance, though I must admit I didn't read his post.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

One of the most reliable methods is to have a bunch of animals in a pen. Put sensors on the pen floor to measure animal activity. They get all antsy right before a quake.

Reply to
Benj

Nit pick: Detection or prediction?

Detecting them is trivially easy. No electronics are required, although my multimeter tends to fall over when one hits. Does that count?

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

So how is the laptop connected to=85.? I found a bird species in Florida, Boat tail grackle, inverting symbolism the male birds and I use to communicate, before large earthquakes. The 10 year study-observation recently duplicated the inversion experienced 5 years ago with a different flock using a different observation approach. Other psychic interests, linked thru the internet, significant in USGS Earthquakes mapping. I found BTG behavior inverse to human behavior. If the bird was communicative, people were uncommunicative, accident prone, aggressive and socially murderous. The technologic displays were apparent in NASA activity. Thru observation, several replicative baselines from environment to NASA prediction were developed. The method is learned and readable from USGS online earthquake mapping. And thru these practices, I moved toward structuring a telekinesis based energy trap. The practice explains paranormal activity ! BUT ! The opportunity was lost as NASA, FBI, Florida Sheriffs in 5 counties allowed organized crime to continuously attack me thru loudspeakers manned by =96 organized crime psychics. Stem cell phobia or what ? The Eastern Science book is unknown here but I have come across others. I found translation difficult yet the direction was always intellectually stimulating. In this area, electronic achievement is beyond bucky balls.... Karen Silkwood. Maybe the Israeli are interested ?

Reply to
datakoll

an isbn search in world catalog if the link doesn't one of the better heeled will contribute ?

Reply to
datakoll

om/uncleal/lajos.htm#a2

First Canada then Mexico for orca and gray whale. The method tracks criminal behavior in large populations. Not a plus with OC where the mob psychis are pathological career criminals protecting all criminal ALL behavior and employees of the Sheriff and unfortunately, NASA. I was tracking the Geneva - Germany rampages thru USGS and as usual the OC psychics, 'parrots' sent the Sherriff's posse around to threaten me, disrupting the analysis. This is continuous. For example, I correctly analyzed the London Museum bombing. The landlord via ??? evicted me !

9-11. Idiot ? you and your country can go to hell
Reply to
datakoll

[snip crap]

Move to Tonga,