Electron filmed in motion for the first time

Or, so they claim.

I wonder what Heisenberg would have to say about this.

BobW

let's hope that Heisenberg was well compensated!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What exactly am I looking at ?

I see lot's of blue rings.

What exactly is the electron ?

Is it made up of all these blue rings ?

Me confused a little bit.

And what do they mean with motion ?

The swinging up and down ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Maybe the rings are just the light/laser ?

So then what is the electron ?

The little blue particles moving around ?

Hmm..

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

And some people can't find their car keys.. :P

Which reminds me.. OT.. if that's ok... I've noticed I'm #1 in Google results for posting "Happy Electron Day" :) Come'on ...doesn't it sound like a good holiday? Dunno what the festivities would be like yet..

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

"We demonstrate a quantum stroboscope based on a sequence of identical attosecond pulses that are used to release electrons into a strong infrared laser field exactly once per laser cycle. The resulting electron momentum distributions are recorded as a function of time delay between the IR laser and the attosecond pulse train using a velocity map imaging spectrometer."

Movie link without javascript-hell nor flash etc..:

sky465nm