Wanted: Teccor HS-20 data

I have Googled high and low to no avail. I have a couple of Teccor databooks, but evidently not old enough. I have checked the Internet datasheet sites. It looks like this was discontinued about a dozen years ago (before Littelfuse bought Teccor?).

There is a "specsheet" here:

but I don't know if I can trust it. If someone with a real datasheet could verify those specs that would make me feel better. If anyone could dust off an old Teccor databook and find this I would greatly appreciate it.

================================

Greg Neff VP Engineering

*Microsym* Computers Inc. snipped-for-privacy@guesswhichwordgoeshere.com
Reply to
Greg Neff

Hi, Greg:-

Not an old Teccor databook, but an old Electro-Sonic catalog.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thanks Spehro. This agrees with the "specsheet" data that I found. I was trying to find a drop-in replacement, but it looks like the DIACs available now all have higher breakover voltages.

================================

Greg Neff VP Engineering

*Microsym* Computers Inc. snipped-for-privacy@guesswhichwordgoeshere.com
Reply to
Greg Neff

This part has lower breakdown: http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/motorola/MBS4991.pdf

as few as four SMT components to make the equivalent circuit.. (dual SOT-23 zener, two dual transistors, a resistor array)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Check out the old Motorola app note AN964-D

RL

Reply to
legg

:I have Googled high and low to no avail. I have a couple of Teccor :databooks, but evidently not old enough. I have checked the Internet :datasheet sites. It looks like this was discontinued about a dozen :years ago (before Littelfuse bought Teccor?). : :There is a "specsheet" here: : :

: :but I don't know if I can trust it. If someone with a real datasheet :could verify those specs that would make me feel better. If anyone :could dust off an old Teccor databook and find this I would greatly :appreciate it. : : :================================ : :Greg Neff :VP Engineering :*Microsym* Computers Inc. : snipped-for-privacy@guesswhichwordgoeshere.com

If the device you were looking for was indeed also made by Unitrode (I am sure it is not the device you want) then you didn't look very hard. And the link you posted was wrong anyway. I found it in less than 30 seconds on the first page of Google results.

As I understand it the Teccor HS20 is a bilateral silicon switch. The Unitrode HS20 is a high voltage miniature rectifier as you can see from the datasheet.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Since Greg was able to find basic data on the Teccor HS-20 device with trigger voltage of 18-24V, is there any chance that you could use one of the current devices such as the DB3 which triggers at 27-34V or thereabouts? If it is simply triggering a TRIAC from mains supply a few volts higher than 24V won't matter.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

It didn't take me long to determine that the Unitrode part is different than the Teccor part, in spite of the fact that the link I posted incorrectly shows the Unitrode specs as being the same as Teccor. This is why I posted here to have someone verify the Teccor specs.

================================

Greg Neff VP Engineering

*Microsym* Computers Inc. snipped-for-privacy@guesswhichwordgoeshere.com
Reply to
Greg Neff

Possibly. I'm still trying to figure out how my customer wants to deal with this. They may be able to use something like a DB3 in conjunction with some component value tweaks, they may want a tiny daughter card that can be installed in the DO-35 footprint in place of the HS-20, or they may want a complete redesign.

================================

:On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:43:24 GMT, Ross Herbert : wrote: : :>

:>On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:52:59 -0500, Greg Neff wrote: :>

[...]

:>

:>As I understand it the Teccor HS20 is a bilateral silicon switch. The Unitrode :>HS20 is a high voltage miniature rectifier as you can see from the datasheet. : :It didn't take me long to determine that the Unitrode part is :different than the Teccor part, in spite of the fact that the link I :posted incorrectly shows the Unitrode specs as being the same as :Teccor. This is why I posted here to have someone verify the Teccor :specs. : :

It seems you have uncovered a problem be with Datasheetarchive so it would be nice to let them know about the error so they can fix it. I can do that since I have had some previous dealing with the administrator.

The first page of search results from a Google search for 'hs20 teccor' contains this link

The first two results are suggested as the most likely possibilities but because you didn't see the name Teccor you went further down the page till you did. The first link supposedly showing Teccor HS20 specs was the link you posted. The specs were correct for the Teccor device but incorrectly labelled as Unitrode. The specs were also duplicated (unneccessarily) on the page.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

With several million parts in our database there is always the odd error. The error is noted and will be corrected in our next update. We are also adding 300,000+ extra datasheets shortly. Teccor HS20 full pdf is included (I've also emailed the author of this post a copy).

Regards

The DatasheetArchive

administrator

: :With several million parts in our database there is always the odd :error. The error is noted and will be corrected in our next update. We :are also adding 300,000+ extra datasheets shortly. Teccor HS20 full :pdf is included (I've also emailed the author of this post a copy). : :Regards : :The DatasheetArchive :

:

Thanks for your input. I have forwarded the HS-20 datasheet you sent me to the OP.

Reply to
Ross Herbert