Electrode Contacts

Hi,

I am trying to find the Viscosity of the gel present on the contacts of the= following electrodes but have no clue how to do it. Can any body suggest a= ny soution? I am trying to find out that all the electrodes have same amoun= t of gel present on them or not. I do not know whether the viscosity method= is a good approach. But this is what I came up with so far.=20

These electrodes come with the foam like contacts. These contacts are alrea= dy soaked into gel.=20

Thanks

Erica=20

Reply to
erica.cross1989

following electrodes ...

soaked into gel.

Why? It is a medical device, do you think they are being improperly made? Are you trying to use them in some other (non-approved) manner?

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

Hi,

I am trying to develope a test on my side to confirm that these electrodes are good. For Example I will choose one out of the pile of fifty and run the test. I will say that the rest of the electrodes are good becuase the test went fine.

I am looking into different ideas to test the electrodes. One was measuring the force exerted by the gel.

Second, is by measuring the impedance of the electrodes using salien solution. My questions are

  1. These electrodes come with gel already placed on its contacts. Will it be a good idea to immerse these electrodes into salien for impedance measurement.

Thanks Erica

Reply to
erica.cross1989

good. For Example I will

of the electrodes are

the force exerted by the gel.

My questions are

good idea to immerse

Contact the manufacturer for information WRT testing.

Your concept that if 1 in 50 is good, then the other 50 are good is invalid. Take a college statistics course and learn the issues of statistical analysis and component failure.

Why do you think these devices are defective? Why do you not have faith in the manufacturer's testing and QC? Or is this an academic exercise, and if so, what class is it in: statistics or medical?

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

I tired to contact the manufacturer but no success. They are not available. Please comment or suggest anything about the method I chose to test the electrodes.

erica

Reply to
erica.cross1989

Did you try to contact HydroDot Inc? What do you mean by "They are not available."?

Did you encounter frequent problems while using the electrodes, or what is the reason you want to test them? Even if the electrode itself is perfect you can still get bad recordings if the electrode is not applied correctly. Why not test the electrodes after they are applied using the electrode testing circuit of the recording device?

Reply to
Vito Corti