Eagle, again..

Foistly, what is the minimum linewidth that is nominally reproducible for silkscreen? Secondly, how the he#$*#$*#$* does one make a change (from say 8% to say 31%) of the text linewidth in the component layout of a device in the library? I can change that BUT i have not found how the hell to make it "stick" for use.

Reply to
Robert Baer

The board house determines the min line width. 0.005in is the typical min. for silkscreen.

There are some parameters which Eagle overrides based on settings in the DRC dialog. There are some buttons in there like "keep as in library" or something which if you set that, it won't override your ratio setting for text line width.

--
_____________________
Mr.CRC

One does not "smash" the name but the component. Once a component has been smashed, small "origin" crosses appear on the upper right corner of the text of both name and value. Use the mover to move them to whatever place on the board you want.

As for the font, you cannot change the linewidth of a proportional font. That's why it's called proportional I suppose. So use a fixed - or a vector font if you want play with the width.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Does not seem to help. I need to be able to change these things in the library so need info how to do that - AND make it stick - NOt drop back to original. Also,how in the ()#@*$ does one "smash" the name - that is, ow in the holy hell does one MOVE it (no cursor,no tongs, no hammer, nothing)?

Reply to
Robert Baer

After completing the layout group everything and then select smash, right click and select smash all. There also used to be a simple ULP that did this called smash_all IIRC

Can't think I every had a problem with linewidths - If you change it in a library you can then change it in existing designs by selecting library update.

cheers

David

Reply to
David

BUT that is what i have been using...VECTOR format. I gave up trying to modify the component name size and thickness. I added text, vector size 25 and 20 percent layer 121 and that is almost good enough. PITA.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Could not get that to work. Gave up and added text on layer 121 size 25 20 percent (vector).

Reply to
Robert Baer