duty cycle sweep

I'm doing an LT Spice sim where I want to sweep a duty cycle from 0 to

100% and graph a resulting power supply output, basically kill the error amp and run open-loop.

I'm doing this, which works but seems klunky. It sweeps 0..100% in 100 milliseconds. There must be a more elegant way.

To be fair, it's barely dawn on a Saturday morning and I've only finished half a cup of Peets.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

We used labview and an HP network analyzer to step our phase shift/attenuators through a 190 degree shifts at a few degrees at a time, because the vendor (a big player) sent us 800 units that THEIR QA failed to test correctly... only testing the two extremes and passing the units. The stepped test showed that some of the units did not properly go through the phase shift steps. At hundreds of dollars each with 16 each in a 4U device that had to be nearly fully disassembled to remove them. how quaint. It set us back months. As we had 8 of those 4U units in each of 12 full height racks. This was all for the F-35 stimulator that ended up down at Hughes' monster anechoic chamber.

You could use that little chip (and video) I posted to make a board that would apply the step voltages (or whatever) to your circuit so you couldcapture it on your scope at whatever rate you wanted it to step at.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Klaus Kragelund

I normally just do it with a ramp and a comparator like IRL

Then I can add errors that the real component has

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Maybe I can use scaled {time} (0 to 100 msec of the sim run} as a parameter of a pulsed voltage source. Somehow.

time is usable as a variable in a BV, but seems to not be general.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

I'm waking up. This is a little nicer.

Vosc is a perfect triangle generator. Which has Tr=Tf=0.5/F, and ON time = 0.

This is part of a very important system that has the dreaded zero-in-the-right-half-plane thing, which looks like a hazard to me.