DSP and controllers

Hi!

I'm interested to the DSP used in digital controller. For example digital PID, ecc...

I'm looking for a book on this topic. I found only books about DSP in audio/video or radar application.

Marco / iw2nzm

Reply to
Marco Trapanese

If you're specifically looking for digital control stuff, check out my book:

Depending on how much DSP theory you have you may also be interested in Rick Lyon's book, "Understanding Digital Signal Processing" (buy it at
, although it's definitely more aimed toward the "audio/video" side of things rather than the kinds of problems you'll find with control.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Tim,

thank you for your answer. I read the chapter abstracts at the link above and I guess your book may be very useful for me. I'm going to buy but it I'd like to see some pages as examples... is it possible? It isn't very expensive, but if I could see something I'll be happy :)

Marco / iw2nzm

Reply to
Marco Trapanese

You can hunt it down on Amazon; they have sample pages that you can view. If you're patient you can read the whole book, but they don't make it easy.

If you get it and you have questions feel free to post them on comp.dsp or sci.engr.control. If you find some obvious mistake in the book you can post it; but it would be better to email me directly -- I'm maintaining an errata as part of my site.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

The same here :(

The same here :)

Marco / iw2nzm

Reply to
Marco Trapanese

In response to this post, I checked the book out on Amazon too. I wasn't able to view the pages, though. I thought that the book looked interesting enough and reasonably priced so I ordered a copy too.

Reply to
Noway2

Grrr. It appears that Amazon has outsmarted themselves, again. At least no one has left with the impression that it's got 320 pages, each one of which says "This Page Unavailable".

The Embedded.com website has excerpted chapter 4 from the book onto their site. What you see on the site is the content of the book, formatted to fit on a web page. It should give you a sample to (hopefully!) convince you that you've spent your money wisely:

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com

"Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" came out in April of '06.
Tim Wescott

Thank you very much!

Marco / iw2nzm

Reply to