which

that

happy,

"upgrades"

some

after

CDs*

it in

Orcad won't get over this here doorstep :-)

Well, I just bought Mathcad which comes only with MAC-lock. Only SW I ever bought with that, and only because I had to. If I didn't need it for an assignment I'd never have bought it. However, I got it in writing from them that it's transferable to a new PC even with a lapsed maintenance agreement. Or I should say maintenance tax because you are forced to buy the 1st year. Same with Orcad I believe.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Don't need DOSBox anymore. You can run SDT386+ in its own Windows GDI on Win2k, and XP with the proper SDT display drivers. No virtual OS needed anymore.

Reply to
qrk

Idiot! Real men upgrade to Windows 7. Why? Becuase it works and it IS secure.

"anymore"? Ha! It never was needed. I use it because it is BETTER.

I get 800x600. I'll bet you don't, unless it is on an old Paradise or Trident based POS.

I also get 1280 Tango PCB screens.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

I have no problems with XP and 2k security, although, I wouldn't use it on a server that the outside public would hit.

Your right, I don't get 800x600 - that's too small of a space to work on. I have the driver set up to do 1200x912 so I have a little desktop space showing on my monitor. However, with this driver, I've also set it up for 1900x1200 on a 30" screen (gets too slow on larger resolutions). This is all done using modern Nvidia graphics boards (6600 or newer). The modern SDT & PCB386+ drivers developed in the past 6 years get rid of the limitations of the original drivers since they make calls directly to the Windows GDI.

Reply to
qrk

Sort of surprising, as ruthless as Cadence is, you'd expect them to legally attack the driver writers for some obscure infringement.

Maybe all that is preventing it is a realization that there's enough of you guys out there that you might be able to fight back and sink Cadence... bring it on ;-) ...Jim Thompson