Orcad Capture Help

How can i simulate the circuit below as it has no source. How can i insert the value of 9mA,8mA and 12mA current flowing through the wires.

Circuit diagram link:

Irfan

On 20 Jun 2006 13:52:56 -0700, in message , "Irfan" scribed:

Do you mean "simulate," or do you mean "solve?"

Reply to
Alan B

The arrows are the current sources.

You've got to learn Kirchhoff's current law and forget the simulation stuff until later. Kirchhoff's current law states that the sum of currents entering a node is zero.

Assume all currents flowing into a node are positive and currents leaving a node are negative (any assumption will work as long as you're consistent):

8mA - i1 - 12mA = 0: 8mA - 12mA = i1 = -4mA

12mA + i3 - 9mA = 0: -12mA + 9mA = i3 = -3mA

9mA - i2 - 8mA = 0: 9mA - 8mA = i2 = 1mA

Check: I2 + I1 - I3 = 0: 1mA + (-4mA) - (-3mA) = 1mA -4mA + 3mA = 0

Dorian

Reply to
Dorian McIntire

Yes i know the current law. What i mean here is to make this circuit on computer and simulate it using orcad capture cis software or what will be the coding of pspice for this circuit.

Reply to
Irfan

On 20 Jun 2006 20:13:09 -0700, in message , "Irfan" scribed:

Ask your teacher.

Reply to
Alan B

I think what you are trying to do is insert dependent current sources for 9-, 8- and 12-mA. Press 'P' for parts (or click on parts), choose Source under libraries, then select IDC (DC current source). Click OK and place the current sources according to your diagram. Wire the circuit, and don't forget to include a ground. I would also include some 0 Ohm resistors in the other branches just to make it easier to simulate. Save the circuit. Under simulation profile, choose Transient and the default period (it shouldn't matter). Press OK and then press the blue arrow to simulate the circuit. Click on Add Trace and choose I(R1), I(R2), I(R3).

Reply to
acataldo