Does this chip exist?

I missed that on the first page... however I'm leery of things spec'd at 10mA test. But I'll check it out. Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

wo

ngle

ithms

it is on page 3, DC characteristics. it just says "tested during characteri zation, not production tested"

the 10mA test is for output resistance, would you expect IC production test to be done at several amps?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

If it's for hi-rel, yes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Output resistance at 10mA is a rather useless specification, unless they provided some lab data that showed a correlation to that spec and what you might expect at 1A.

High current testing _is_ hard on probe tips ;-) ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

I'd be interested too for making better use of ultracaps. I've been abusing synchronous buck converters to map a narrow power rail voltage range to a wide ultra-cap voltage range. The internal compensation isn't right for this so they're difficult to stabilize. An H-bridge module plus a variable duty cycle oscillator would be a nice low-part replacement. H-bridge _drivers_ have 2+ volts of drop-out so they're useless for continuous current.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.

I've made them of custom chips. It looks like some of the Microchip offerings might work. ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

ncp5359, if you're ok with adding external fets...

Reply to
Johann Klammer