Do they make...

make your own ? get a washer , make two cuts from the outside to the inside ?

no one

[snip]

I'll need 30-40, so I was hoping they were obtainable off-the-shelf. However all I can find are OEM quantities, so I may have to slot my own :-(

I do have a cut-off saw, so maybe not too bad of a task. ...Jim Thompson

Some of your posts imply that you don't have a Dremel. You really should get one. A million uses.

I should also add that high-RPM blades that are brittle and can crack mean it's a tool where eye protection is not optional. You need the kind of goggles that cover the sides like a scuba mask.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I not only have a Dremel, I have a copy cat (that my mother-in-law bought me one Christmas :-). Not really heavy duty enough to cut a

1/4" wide slot in a fender washer. But I do have a RotoZip.

I do need to buy some good goggles with integral dust mask. Some of this stuff I've been cutting recently is nasty stuff. Any recommendations? ...Jim Thompson

My Dremel knock-off didn't last long, but the accessories aren't bad, and the whole kit was cheaper than Dremel accessories.

Last time I looked, Harbor Freight and Grizzly had the kind with a large motor and a snake-driven hand tool for cheap.

I wouldn't know since I don't have a good dust mask.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

If that's the same junk that Aldi sell here, the chuck was way off-centre, I took mine back next day for refund. Mains powered noisy motor on a wobbly stand? Good idea, poor implementation.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Jim -

Talk to your optometrist about eye protection. I play racquetball and my Dr fixed me up with prescription polycarbonate goggles for that. I use them in the shop when drilling, Dremelling, grinding, etc.

Just a suggestion.

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

The original is "Foredom", and is made a lot better.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany